Early Oil Change and service light - QPV 2006

Wanderer

Might be a daft question but if I was to change the oil early in my car ie before the service light comes on - would that make the service light come on/need a reset?

Can't see it myself but thought I'd ask rather than get annoyed later!

CatmanV2

Can't see it'll change the service light one jot. Unless you have a tool that can reset it....

C

Ewan

I don't think that 2006 QP's have "smart" service lights anyway. You simply need to change the oil every 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes sooner. These car don't have the intelligent systems that monitor your driving and adjust the service intervals accordingly, as is the case with many more modern vehicles.

Wanderer

Not sure if I've misled...

Service was done just before I bought car, light reset. I was wondering if I changed the oil myself in between service intervals would it turn the service light back on. The more I think about it the dafter my question seems! It can't possibly know unless there's a sensor on the filler or drain plug, must be as said, miles or interval.

Suppose I just wanted to be sure, I hate errant lights on the instrument panel that's why the TPMS one is doing my box in at the moment. Had an Alfa 164 that reported low oil level when it wasn't, couldn't sort it, drove me bonkers.