Ferrari - Under the skin

safrane

When I lived in Surry I would commute into London via the tube with my Golden Retriever...it was a great chick magnet btw.

Only issue was keeping her tail from under foot and stopping her putting her wet nose up ladies skirts!

ChrisH

You ain’t met my two year old ....

As long as it's not rush hour... I think you'll find the tube less stress than a train followed by at least one other form of transport to get there. Tube access at Heathrow is a doddle... likewise South Ken is a pretty small station in the grand scheme of things. That route is also mostly overground... so actually it will feel like a fairly normal train trip in many ways. Going that way you only nudge central central London... whereas landing in Paddington you have to go right across it. But it's your call... enjoy the exhibition regardless. I'm hoping to get down for it at some stage.

Btw lived in west London for years just to qualify my thoughts. The guys are right though... kids... babies... wheel chairs... pets... you'll see them all on there.

CatmanV2

If you go to South Ken you've got a **** of a walk for a 2 year old. I'd suggest High St Kensington.....

C

agooner

Yes, definitely High Street Kensington tube station, and its about half a mile to the Design Museum (South Kensington is for the V&A and Nat History museum).
Visited the exhibition today with my daughter. It is principally about Enzo Ferrari, the history behind the company, and much technical information; with a few cars thrown in as well

For anyone going to the exhibition then look away now. Here are some pics I took today.

20180217_110105.jpg
Ferrari J50, with modelling clay half bonnet. Only 10 produced for Japan.

20180217_110328.jpg
458 spider shell

20180217_111330.jpg
Ferrari 166

20180217_111345.jpg
I think its a 275 GTB in blue, Testarossa foreground and F40 background

There was also a selection of Ferrari racing helmets from Ascari, Fangio, Hawthorn, Schumacher, etc.

An example of an engine block, both a casting and a milled example, crankshafts, pistons, etc. And scale size wind tunnel models.

agooner

When you look at the length and width of that LaFerrari, where would you park it when you took it out? It wouldn't fit in the Sainsburys parking space (as per discussions on anther thread about Car Parks).

Edit Update: the LaFerrari is 7 inches shorter than the latest Granturismo, but 3 inches wider.

Chrisb2015

I doubt Gordon Ramsay shops for himself but I get your point. As a piece of automotive art, I found it stunning.

agooner

Agreed. I had never heard of a J50 before visiting the exhibition. There are 10 very lucky owners in Japan.

I was hoping they may have had my Ferrari favourites on show, a 250 GTE or a 330 GTC, but all the cars there bring out the green eyed monster.

Ryandoc

I’m booked up and looking forward to it, I know it’s not a huge display but it’s definirely getting good feedback

Ryandoc

Well went today, small exhibition but loved it. Totally worth it and never again will Inge chance to see such cars all together and within touching distance.

And just confirms for me the F40 is my all time motoring icon hands down