Melbourne Grand Prix 2018

Evo Cymru

Morning all,

Looking for some advice about the above if possible. Family and I are on an extended trip down under at the moment and fancied going to the Grand Prix while here. Have looked online to book some tickets but I'm a bit bewildered by the choice - any advice on which package to go for? Have two very keen sons (8 and 10) so thought we would do a couple of days including race day? Are the Grandstands worth the extra? Which is a good one to go for - but not too expensive?? What is the best part of the infield park to go to? Any other tips?

Thanks in advance,

Olly

BL330

Hi Olly, welcome to Oz.
I can't answer your Grand Prix question but would be interested to hear the feedback too.
Year after year I've promised myself to go, but something always comes up.
Where are you in your travels?
If you are coming to Canberra you are welcome to pop in and see how the other half live.

Evo Cymru

Thanks Bruce for the welcome!

Currently we are heading up to Brisbane from Sydney, then over to Perth for a month, then Melbourne for a few weeks before heading back to Sydney via Canberra so may call in! Would love to hear a maserati v8 again, missing mine terribly!

VMSRTI

Hi Evo
I've only been to the Melb GP once and once when it was in Adelaide. I opted for general admittance tickets on both occasions and will never do so again. Unless you have grandstand seats you will see very little of the race.

Fair2

Cheers - grandstand it is then, any recommendations for which one to choose?

FirstCorner ( end of straight) on inside . A lot of action at this corner and you can then look at big screen opposite. I used this grand stand a number of times. Just my opinion for your consideration.
Robert

Fair2

FirstCorner ( end of straight) on inside . A lot of action at this corner and you can then look at big screen opposite. I used this grand stand a number of times. Just my opinion for your consideration.
Robert

I found this. I meant corner 2 .see green/yellow squareD1783276-4004-4AD5-80B1-836F3B73AE02.jpg

conaero

Forum Owner
Hey Robert, how’s my old GS doing over in sunny Aus?

Mileage, any issues?