Something I wrote about the Ghibli II

Ewan

I love the boxy shape. But the Ghibli mk II is not without its "quirks". Good fun though, and there's a forum member with nice one for sale. Very late example, in dark blue, with about 80k miles, at offers around £20k.

Regarding the article...for pedants corner...Meridien, back in the early 90's, was in Dorset (on the edge of Bournemouth), not Sussex. Later the owners moved the Maserati side of the business to their Lymington (Hampshire) site. And while it was the only dealer in the early 90's, by the mid 90's there were others (such as the independent in Romford who's name suddenly escapes me). By the late 90's the network mushroomed with the Ferrari dealerships of HR Owen, Maranello, Graypaul etc all joining in.

Jnismith

They are great cars to drive, until you get to a speed bump. A lot of power in a light car. Ghibli II 1400 Kg, 280 Bhp, Ghibli III Diesel, 1800 Kg, 275 bhp. You can see why its faster,

Nayf

I love the boxy shape. But the Ghibli mk II is not without its "quirks". Good fun though, and there's a forum member with nice one for sale. Very late example, in dark blue, with about 80k miles, at offers around £20k.

Regarding the article...for pedants corner...Meridien, back in the early 90's, was in Dorset (on the edge of Bournemouth), not Sussex. Later the owners moved the Maserati side of the business to their Lymington (Hampshire) site. And while it was the only dealer in the early 90's, by the mid 90's there were others (such as the independent in Romford who's name suddenly escapes me). By the late 90's the network mushroomed with the Ferrari dealerships of HR Owen, Maranello, Graypaul etc all joining in.

Thanks for the heads up. Like a lot of motoring history from the mid-80s onwards, there’s not a great deal of info out there, particularly for Italian cars. I keep buying old copies of magazines to aid research - I have Car from 1977 to the current day, plus Evo from issue 40 to a few years ago. I’d like to pick up a Performance Car/Fast Lane archive but they attract strong money on eBay.

Who's selling theirs Ewan, got any pics or a link? Just had a look in the 'forum cars' section but couldn't see anything.

Rwc13

It's me I think Ewan is referring to. I'm selling my Ghibli GT but it's not advertised yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk