Gs hot lazy hot start

Spartacus

Cheers guys . It’s been a hard couple of weeks negotiating but I got the price I wanted in the end . A few jobs to do on it and she should be a stunner . It’s going to be hard to part with my 4200 . It’s been a great car . If the new GS is half as reliable then I’ll be happy . Better get the adverts up I suppose . I wish I could keep them both .

Vampyrebat

Well done bud!!............It does look good in the photos, could you not have part-exed your 42 in the deal or was he offering you sh!t money for it??

outrun

Nice and subtle, just like you Sparts.

Good job. Best get on with the list of tasks pre-Le Mans!

safrane

Glad to see you got it in the end Martyn.

I hope my insight helped rather than hindered the negotiations and decision and I hope the issues are kind to your wallet.

Are you sending it down to Dan and Tim or waiting to build up the war chest?

Mine will be due back from them soon and if it helps to keep cost down we could arrange a suitable date for them to collect whilst returning mine.

PS I kind kf like the 4200 he has and it appears to have a full SH.

Spartacus

I think the 4200 has sold , well thats what he told me last night .

And yes thanks for the advice . It has a few small niggles that i can sort myself , and just the faded bumpers to have repainted and some small dents to pull out .
To be honest when i saw the bumpers and the parking dents i was ready to walk away. But then i drove it .
It is as tight as a drum . No rattling suspension bushes , a very smooth clutch and power delivery and it stops on its nose with brand new brakes and Michelin Sports all round .
The interior is fantastic in my opinion . The red piping just makes it that more aggressive . I always secretly admired MAFs Flying Banana :kiss4::shy2: , and this car is the exact same spec but red , right down the the interior coloured piping .

The clutch has done 20k but as we all know is a lottery . It could go on the way home or last for 5 years . Drive it , enjoy it and replace it when it goes .

Last edited:

ofenomeno99

Congrats! My GS was also red. As always, pictures please and update us on the things you'll do to get it perfect.

ofenomeno99

Thanks! The back of the seats were melted/ scratched/ scuffed so when I was in the process of getting them repainted I came across a 6D carbon fibre wrap. It looks 100% real and the pattern and shine is the exactly the same as the CF in the GS. I don't know if it shows in these pictures but in real life they looked amazing. Would definitely recommend them to anyone wanting to have a CF look to their seats. I don't think that it can be done to the ones with the tech cloth though because they don't come with the plastic shell.

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

Contigo

Sponsor
Sparts I thought I saw your car from some BIAMF shots last year but realised it is a 54 plate not a 56. So that makes at least 3 DKR GS's out there?

attachment.php

Oxytorch

I too like the look of the seats and thinking of doing the same to mine. The backs of my seats are also scratched and scuffed. They mark very easily.
Did you do the wrap yourself and if so, how difficult was it to do? Were you able to get clean lines at the edges?
Did you have to remove the pockets on the back of the seats?