Needs help near Ascot Sl5 0JD

christophe_autos

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a car sold by a car dealer at Sl5 0JD and I'd like to collect it from France next saturday.

Could someone be kind to have a look for the car please and helps me to organize seller collection next saturday?

Cheers,
Chris

FIFTY

I am only in Guildford and go past Bracknell quite frequently. If it's a 4200 coupe derivative (or to some extent spyder) I certainly can give an in depth opinion. For GT or QP it will be more general condition

christophe_autos

I am only in Guildford and go past Bracknell quite frequently. If it's a 4200 coupe derivative (or to some extent spyder) I certainly can give an in depth opinion. For GT or QP it will be more general condition

Not at all, it's for a Mercedes from a car dealer, if you could check engine is perfect (I will swap engine/gearbox for my R class engine 193000 miles out of order) and say him I'm serious and would come it would be good as he seems to think a frenchy is not serious but I've ever bought 4 cars in UK and I have two Jaguars as daily cars...

I would arrive next saturday from St Pancras and took the train for Sunningdale, is South western railway the easier to go there?

agooner

SL5 0JD is coming up as a Private road (Titlarks Hill) with some very expensive houses. sure its a car dealer?

christophe_autos

Car is at home but I'm very disappointed...

It was not a first owner, it was japan importation in 2013 and I have a problem og gauge and battery, it seems the car doesn't want to reach more than 3000rpm...

IMG_7752.jpg

philw696

Oh Deer sounds like you have played Russian Roulette a little.
Buyer Beware and all that.
Could you have not done a vehicle check online which would have told you the car was ex overseas ?
Hope you get it sorted.

Team GCR

allandwf

Something amiss somewhere then as it comes up as first registered in Chelmsford in January 2006. But it has a three year gap in MOTs from 2013.

christophe_autos

Something amiss somewhere then as it comes up as first registered in Chelmsford in January 2006. But it has a three year gap in MOTs from 2013.

Hi Allan,

The vehicle has not driven since 2013 and last SH at 67200 miles, I wonder if the vehicle was not damaged and bought at a low price.

christophe_autos

Looks a pretty basic ad to me. Remember in the future you can always have an HPI check done and check the MOT history on the DVLA website.

The seller does state he will accept returns within 14 days, so maybe return the car if you are not happy with it?

I was in Folkestone waiting for eurotunnel and I propose to return to be refund but he refuses.
He proposes I make a check on garage and could "help me" but in fact I think he was lying on ad, petrol gauge is defect and electric problem on auxiliary battery so not an stunning car...

In fact I had bad premonition and didn't want to go there yesterday, but he insists and said "there is no risk come tomorrow there is nothing wrong with the car it's a bargain"!!!

It might be a long shot, but why not call Trading Standards and ask to speak to the person who was responsible for their court case against him? I believe that so long as the malpractice happened in the area that a certain Trading Standards office is located, it doesn't matter where you are. Even the threat of you reporting him to his local Trading Standards, may make him give you a refund rather than risk another court case and the possibility of a heavier court fine for repeated offences. Because he runs a business, with a known address, it is easier to ensure he takes responsibility for offences committed. Plus as a business, he is held to much higher standards. So long as this was not specified as a private sale.
Good luck!