Parking ticket advise

Navcorr

Where Sainsbury's own the car park there shouldn't be an issue - where they don't though the car park "could" be managed on their behalf.
In which case good luck. A number of M&S stores have managed car parks with particularly over zealous storm troopers on patrol.

iainw

If she was in the store using the cafe etc find out the store managers name and ask them to cancel the ticket. You may well have to submit a copy of the till receipt. I manage a team who often have this happen, and in 99% of the times it happens we get the ticket cancelled.

Its managed by 'horizon' parking - seems like an independent company!
Do you still think its worth trying?
I hope she has the receipt... she normally keeps a pile of them..

sionie1

Where Sainsbury's own the car park there shouldn't be an issue - where they don't though the car park "could" be managed on their behalf.
In which case good luck. A number of M&S stores have managed car parks with particularly over zealous storm troopers on patrol.
It shouldn’t matter who manages it (unless it’s a town centre shared one) the Sainsbury’s Store manager can still send off a message and get it cancelled. Whether they choose do do so ,or say that they can’t, is another matter. Play the ‘I shop here, use the cafe etc regularly’ card, loyal customer and all that. If you park and then mooch off into the town centre you’re on a sticky wicket, but if you did stay on their premises spending money then you should find them more sympathetic. Speak to them sooner rather than later though.

sionie1

Just asked my mate who is a store manager for Sainsburys. Most are managed by Horizon and yes a Store manager can get a ticket cancelled.

Ryandoc

By coincidence basically same time as mine someone I know got a ticket for same car park mine was in but this was during the week. Their sign says 45 mins max stay for free but she was in the doctors surgery the whole time, she went to see them and the practice manager contacted the firm to cancel it so definitely this can be done

iainw

Thankyou all. She will know next time... another thumbs up for the forum. Sadly she paid it before she knew the full story..and she had the receipts too!