Quattroporte rear brake discs/pads

Phil the Brit

I have been told by dealer that my rear 2009 Quattroporte rear brake discs and pads are 80% worn.
Dealer has quoted £1267.80 to change. Is this a DIY job and do I need any special tools if so. Also where is best place to buy same.
Eurospares have pattern full brake kit available at £299 special offer until 30/8/18. Is this best source?
Any info from the knowledgeable people on here gratefully received.
Regards
Phil

My 07 QP fronts needed changing a year or so ago.
I got the pattern kit from Eurospares on an offer at around that same price.
As I am about as mechanically minded as Clarkson my Indy fitted them for about 1/2 your quote

Ewan

F-Tech in Exeter fitted new rear discs to my QP GTS last summer. The discs were £130 each plus VAT and fitting, which makes the quote you've received seem too high. Maybe call Dan at F-Tech and see who he uses as his supplier.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Dick Lovett did my rear brakes last year. It was: 2 x Disks £208 each, 1 x Pads Kit £327, 1.5 hrs labour at £120 so a total of 885.85 plus VAT.

Will definitely be using Ftech next time.

Ralph_Manders

It is a DIY and easier than changing the shoes on a 1970's moto guzzi. You'll have to set the adjuster (screwdriver through wheelbolt hole in the brakedisk) to the point you cannot turn the disk by hand, and than loosen 3 clicks. The disk should rotate freely and you should have no warnings on the dash.

Razz

I have been told by dealer that my rear 2009 Quattroporte rear brake discs and pads are 80% worn.
Dealer has quoted £1267.80 to change. Is this a DIY job and do I need any special tools if so. Also where is best place to buy same.
Eurospares have pattern full brake kit available at £299 special offer until 30/8/18. Is this best source?
Any info from the knowledgeable people on here gratefully received.
Regards
Phil

Eurospares do the cheapest pattern kit as you mention, OEM are the cheapest from Scuderia parts.
I would recommend that you change the brake shoes at the same time if they are worn, scored or crumbling

It is relatively ok DIY job to do and saving quite a bit if money to boot, having done myself, some pointers:

1. Have the right hex socket (10mm i think) to remove the caliper bolts. Nose pliers are a must for the shoe springs of you intend to replace the shoes
2. The discs will be stuck to the hub carrier! Place a towel over the disc and knock it gently from behind until loose
3. Remove all rust,dirt,debris on the hub surface carrier - thoroughly - so that when you put the new disc on it sits absolutely true and flush.
4. Dont forget to put in neutral and disengage the parking brake at the outset

Good luck
Razz

rockits

Anyone got the link to the brake kit at Europspares handy?

I need to change my QP brakes at some point.

Phil the Brit

Eurospares do the cheapest pattern kit as you mention, OEM are the cheapest from Scuderia parts.
I would recommend that you change the brake shoes at the same time if they are worn, scored or crumbling

It is relatively ok DIY job to do and saving quite a bit if money to boot, having done myself, some pointers:

1. Have the right hex socket (10mm i think) to remove the caliper bolts. Nose pliers are a must for the shoe springs of you intend to replace the shoes
2. The discs will be stuck to the hub carrier! Place a towel over the disc and knock it gently from behind until loose
3. Remove all rust,dirt,debris on the hub surface carrier - thoroughly - so that when you put the new disc on it sits absolutely true and flush.
4. Dont forget to put in neutral and disengage the parking brake at the outset

Good luck
Razz

Many thanks,
Do I need a caliper wind back tool or can I just force back pistons with a metal bar?

ManInBlack

My QPV is in at Migliore having front & back discs & pads from Eurospares, £958 inc VAT fitted.

Paulawebb

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the forum and could really do with some help for my husband.
He has a Maserati Quattroporte on a 2008 plate and needs some front and rear brake pads - we have been quoted over £500 just for front pads without the fitting cost.
I'm sure that there are other pads we could get but without the Brembo number we have now ordered (and returned) 3 different sets - all of which were supposed to fit - and none of which did.
Can anyone assist - we have the Maserati part numbers Front 673010321 / Rear 673010323 but if we go onto anyone other than Maserati these numbers mean nothing. Ideally the Brembo part number or if anyone has used another type of brake.
I'm at my wits end as this has now become my full time job - so any assistance would be very very much appreciated
Thank you all
Kind regards
Paula

Zep

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the forum and could really do with some help for my husband.
He has a Maserati Quattroporte on a 2008 plate and needs some front and rear brake pads - we have been quoted over £500 just for front pads without the fitting cost.
I'm sure that there are other pads we could get but without the Brembo number we have now ordered (and returned) 3 different sets - all of which were supposed to fit - and none of which did.
Can anyone assist - we have the Maserati part numbers Front 673010321 / Rear 673010323 but if we go onto anyone other than Maserati these numbers mean nothing. Ideally the Brembo part number or if anyone has used another type of brake.
I'm at my wits end as this has now become my full time job - so any assistance would be very very much appreciated
Thank you all
Kind regards
Paula

Hi Paula,

Welcome to the forum, it’s a bit like a full time job, but occasionally a bit more fun!

Looking at the part numbers you have, it seems you have 4.2 Quattroporte, is that right? The reason you have got some incorrect parts is that a couple of different types were offered that year.

I believe the parts you need are:

Front pads:

Rear pads:

This post may also be of use:

There is also an alternative parts thread, with info on other parts that can be got for less:

Hopefully this will mean you can go part time on the parts hunt!

Gazcw

Well Eurocarparts show mine (4.7) as £174 or 193 and with their discount code £97 or £107 and provide the sizes so you can measure existing.
TRW make land rover oem stuff so normally good quality.

Wanderer

I did my rears last Feb, £400 the pair inc, VAT and shipping (Eurospares), my local guy flipped them for £50, got Ferodo rear pads but they squealed like crazy, got the same ones I got before from eBay, Mintex, £10. Discs were OEM pattern parts but came in nice Maserati boxes. cross-drilled and something else. V5C says me car is an Exec GT SA whatever that is, has 'sports pack' on the build sheet.

£460 all told. Cheap but for the four tyres I needed as well other £600.00......

rs48635

Hi Paula,

Welcome to the forum, it’s a bit like a full time job, but occasionally a bit more fun!

Looking at the part numbers you have, it seems you have 4.2 Quattroporte, is that right? The reason you have got some incorrect parts is that a couple of different types were offered that year.

I believe the parts you need are:

Front pads:

Rear pads:

Hi Paula. and welcome

the items suggested above by Zep do look familiar and I have 2006 Quattroporte so likely same brakes as your car. Never easy to use the "compatibility checker" so post here what you intend to buy. One of us can cross reference.
My real world experience is about £100 front pads and £60 for the rear. Any competent mechanic can fit them or enthusiastic owner.

Paulawebb

Thank you everyone - I'm totally overwhelmed by the response and help. I will pass all this one to Paul when he gets back tomorrow - He's supposed to be in Gloucester, but I'm wondering if he might have just gone over to Italy - we had been looking for ages and being quoted £400+ just to supply a set of front pads.

So thank you everyone - especially Zep who emailed me to let me know i had responses :)

Have a great weekend everyone.

Wanderer

Maserati don’t make brake pads, they are just brake pads in a Maserati box that adds 750% to the price. I believe the front pads are same as Merc ones for about £75, even that’s a good saving plus I’m sure there’ll be cheaper quality makes