Replacement (shocks/struts/coilovers/dampers) for 222 4v

oneira

Hi all,

My 222 4v is in for a registration inspection this week, and unfortunately it won't pass on the current worn out electronic Koni shocks -

The rear shocks are completely worn, and the front ones are bottoming out severely.

What's a good source for replacements?

Are the shocks compatible with the later Ghibli (non-ABS, or ABS)?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

philw696

Welcome along there are several owners who will I'm sure advise you but David Askew comes to mind along with checking E bay out.

Shaheenk

Have you contacted the local Koni agents to find out , but I am 90% sure they can refurb them inhouse ?perhaps contact Koni as well. I recall a company on Wheeler Dealers which does this as well, the name escapes me now

94massa

I removed those electronic Koni's years ago. If you are interested, Bilstein makes an adjustable unit that will fit (a lot of the club members in Sydney used them) and personally I had some custom adjustable Koni's made up complete with adjustable camber tops quite a few years ago. I guess it depends on what you want to spend and if you intend to do any track work.

94massa

Most of the club guys used to get their setups from here: http://heasmans.com.au/

These are manual height adjustment shocks - not electronic. Any Bilstein or Koni dealer should be able to custom fit a setup anyway, you just need to play around with the spring rates.

chad5k1

Could look at HYR too, have these with adjustable height, camber tops and dampening. Excellent quality kit.