Granturismo seat query

Triggerfish

Hi all,

Just in the process of trying to buy my first Maserati, a 2013/Facelift model GT.

When the passenger seat is tilted to allow access to the rear seats, should it automatically move forward like the drivers seat?
The main dealer I'm talking to says no, ie 'It isn't broken, they were built that way"

Thanks, I'd appreciate your input

Andrew

Ewan

Should go forward. Why on earth would the dealer think a £100k Maserati would only have a moving seat on one side!? Get him to fix it. I assume this is not for a sale at a garage used to Maserati's. In which case, get it inspected all over by one that is.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
As far as I am aware, it doesn’t move forward if it doesn’t have easy entry which is part of the comfort pack.

bigbob

Never seen a GranTurismo without the comfort pack but I am sure they exist. Strange option pack not to choose mind.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Yes, it may help if I’d read the post correctly in the first place. It should just be a seat reset then.

Triggerfish

Should go forward. Why on earth would the dealer think a £100k Maserati would only have a moving seat on one side!? Get him to fix it. I assume this is not for a sale at a garage used to Maserati's. In which case, get it inspected all over by one that is.

My thoughts exactly! Its a MAIN DEALER, He honestly believed it MAY only be an option on the drivers seat. He also suggested that the reason the boot was obviosly taking in a little rainwater was because it was built by humans....in Italy! 2013 car, facelift 20k miles. Aside from that.....a lovely car!

perleman

Not that relevant but... passenger seat only slides forward intermittently on my car
You can reset it with the old left right left right malarkey but what I have found is that if you close the door whilst it is still sliding back, or move the seat back back before it has finished sliding back, it then stop s moving & takes that position as the new position for the seat requiring a new reset
I thought it might be a dodgy module, £350 new and relatively easy to fit myself or 1 hour's labour, or take a chance on a 2nd hand one for £80 from eBay
Think I'm just going to leave it to be honest doesn't really bother me

Triggerfish

In my case the MD had no choice but agree it was a fault and fixed it before I took delivery. Not sure what they had to do but I'm sure they would have happily left it had I not made a fuss

Bladerunner

Morning all, I’m having the same issue with my drivers seat not allowing easy access when tilted.

Not quite clear from the thread, but is there an easy fix?
Thanks

CatmanV2

'Possibly'
These things seem to have the memory of a gnat even when they are 'working'

Open the door
Forward
Back
Forward
Back
Tilt.

The seat should then go all the way forward and back twice then return to its memorised position.

You don't need to move the seat all the way forward or back, just a tiny bit.

Might also help if you do the passenger side.

Let us know how it goes

C