Hydro-dipping

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Might get my GS engine covers and door trims done if hes any good ?

That’d look good, Sparts. I’m thinking centre console and door trims. Well, I will be when I’ve got a sillycar again. Might be a bit much on the Fiat.

Mate of mine used to work in an electroplating shop. Even his house keys and the buckle on his dog’s collar were gold-plated.

conaero

Forum Owner
Had my interior door trims on the GS done a few years ago in carbon fibre. Brilliant job done by wicked coatings in Poole. They've been around a few years and their work is first class. Sent pictures of the other CF parts in the car and they matched up spot on. Cost was about £120 then, they are actually doing some parts for my AMG Mercedes now. Normal turnaround is about 2 weeks. Will post some photo's in the week.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I believe Wicked Coatings were the ones used by Wheeler Dealers on that JapRX monstrosity they put their name too plus the RR interior trim.

The results looked fantastic!

Panicracing

I believe Wicked Coatings were the ones used by Wheeler Dealers on that JapRX monstrosity they put their name too plus the RR interior trim.

The results looked fantastic!
I remember the RR as the previous owner had them done in blue, very close to Maserati med blue from memory, looked bloody horrendous. Exterior of the RR was textured as well ??

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Contigo

Sponsor
Some of his work, Audi interior bits dipped with Carbon weave.

25358214_1308363955974792_4003006468658097182_o.jpg

25398342_1308364119308109_3130862369336910614_o.jpg

davidhowson

I'm presently having the centre console insert and the NIT cover done in carbon by Wicked Coatings, looking forward to seeing the results very soon.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

davidhowson

Hoping no more than another 5 working days (that will be 10 days in total )

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Hoping no more than another 5 working days (that will be 10 days in total )

Thanks, a David. Two weeks seems fairly normal. Is it quite a difficult / slow process? I’m not sure I’d want to be without use of my car for that long (when I eventually get one!)

Caldy999

David 2 here......mine were away for 1 week but I believe the process only took 3 days as he hadn’t started them midweek when I rang to check progress. Masking, base colour, gloss colour, carbon, lacquer, curing - if you can reserve a ‘slot’ then you can minimise time off the road to only a few days.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, D2. Sounds like a good task to coordinate with other essential work. A de-cat being mandatory.

davidhowson

My parts are due back to me this week; got caught up in the disruption due to bad weather.
I am told they look really good, can't wait to see and fit then my interior refit can finally be finished!
It's been a long time since i started this at the end of December 17!