Hydro-dipping

JonW

Some thread revival....

I want to get these carbon dipped. Are Wicked Coatings the best place to go? Or are there better options?

rockits

Let me know if you find somewhere Jon as I have a couple of bits I would like to get done on the Vantage at some point.

Are they paddles for the GS?

JonW

Let me know if you find somewhere Jon as I have a couple of bits I would like to get done on the Vantage at some point.

Are they paddles for the GS?
Will do, and yes - these are bigger paddles for the GS...

rockits

Thanks. Very nice and a real functional upgrade IMHO. Always found the stock ones too short and often slipped off the bottom that was too short.

rockits

Very nice....such a nicer feel to them as well.

I have the FD ones on mine as really couldn't live with the cheapish feel of the OEM ones. Same with the stock 4200 steering wheel.

The FD ones are nice too.

Navcorr

I want to get these carbon dipped.
Looks like the "up" & "down" have been stamped/engraved. How would the dipping process handle the indentations?
I guess it depends on the thickness of the coating. I've no idea but perhaps something to consider - maybe do a test piece first.

D Walker

Looks like the "up" & "down" have been stamped/engraved. How would the dipping process handle the indentations?
I guess it depends on the thickness of the coating. I've no idea but perhaps something to consider - maybe do a test piece first.
Engraved! Would be easy enough to fill them in. Super glue dripped in and then scraped over would fill them.

D Walker

Nope - I’ve just bought them from Dave, who bought them from the US I think...
I bought them off another member on here who did indeed get them from the US. A guy on MaseratLife had them made. Think he had about 8 sets made..

HTAFC4200

I'm going to get some of my trim hydro dipped. Solves the sticky issue I have with some of the plastics.

Planning to get the door trims, plastic cover to the centre storage and the plastic try area around the handbrake/ wing mirror buttons done.

CatmanV2

I'm going to get some of my trim hydro dipped. Solves the sticky issue I have with some of the plastics.

Planning to get the door trims, plastic cover to the centre storage and the plastic try area around the handbrake/ wing mirror buttons done.

It'll look fab. Stating the obvious: It needs to be de-stickied first....

C