I'm a lucky boy - my new Assetto Cora

AT3200AC

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum despite lurking for a while and using the collective knowledge to inform my latest automotive purchase. I have managed to bag Urquattrogus's former Assetto Corsa - number 23 bought from Richard Grace Cars - and am feeling pretty pleased with myself.

I have been focused on grabbing a Maserati for quite a while and went through the usual 3200/4200/GS debate. I would of probably purchased a GS if this car hadn't turned up. I have always loved the coupe shape and I have always had a bit of a thing for the 3200 despite spending most of my time searching for a appropriately priced GS. Then up popped this Assetto Corsa at RG's and I knew instantly I wanted it. All Maserati's are special cars but the AC has both collector car appeal as well as being a practical family car for high days and holidays. I buy my cars to drive and am not much of a polisher so I am looking forward to putting a few miles on the clock over the next few years.

The car has already treated me to its first warning light. A quick trip to Ftech and the problem was sorted (throttle pot decided my drive home after purchase was its time to go) and I also got them to have a good look over it. It got a big thumbs up from them as I knew it would.

Anyway, its currently tucked up alongside its garage mate, a 92' TVR Griffith 4.3, so I have the choice for Sunday morning blasts now. I'm a lucky boy.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to contributing on the forum now I am officially an owner. Also would be delighted to get to a SportMaserati get together. I saw the Haynes museum mentioned for a catch up on another thread which is only half an hour from me.

All the best,

AT

CatmanV2

Bloody well done, sir. I often wish I had the nerve to own a 3200. It was the car that got me hooked on Maseratis. I even remember the place :)

C

allandwf

Great car, well done sir. I also came to mine via TVRs, a Cerbera and a Tuscan. Look forward to hearing how you get on.

philw696

Welcome and Congratulations from New Zealand from another but ex Somerset member.
Enjoy your adventures.

AT3200AC

Excellent, didn't know RG had one. Hope you enjoy it.

RG advertised Thursday evening and my deposit was paid within 24 hours. I had missed a couple of opportunities in recent years by being slow to commit. The car was well priced though so not much thinking time needed.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

safrane

Welcome from just up the M5 in Bristol.

Richard sourced my last two and I use Ftech as well...in fact you may have seen my GS there when you visited (due home tomorrow after over winter maintenance)

May see you about at the forum meets, (Sherborne Castle and Prescott Hill Climb)

jasst

Welcome, what part of Somerset are you from? I'm Dorset based and also only 1/2 an hour from Haynes, I also use F-Tech, great guys.

urquattrogus

And paradoxically I replaced the AC with a Griffith 500 :)

We have similar tastes, enjoy the car! I know I did!

Now trying hard not to miss it!