Dye tech cloth?

Gp79

The interior of my GS has the light grey tech cloth inserts, it looks like the UV light for the last 13yrs has taken its toll and in certain light conditions the fabric looks slightly pink.

I don't really want to retrim the entire interior therefore thought of getting just the tech cloth dyed a darker grey or even black.

It looks like I'll be taking the dash out next winter as the heater matrix has a very slight leak so might as well get it done at the same time. Will use the Craig Waterman matrix bypass method for the summer..

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Here's the interior now (can the pic be rotated - thanks!)

Cheers Greg

8A74D2F6-B4E4-4033-A622-6DDADB8B91AE.jpg

allandwf

I'm sure there is a thread where the original manufacturer was named, Britex? and what the cloth was initially used for. Possibly best asking them if possible.

spkennyuk

I'm sure there is a thread where the original manufacturer was named, Brightex? and what the cloth was initially used for. Possibly best asking them if possible.

Yes there is a thread somewhere. Britex im pretty sure were the manufacturer. They are tied in someway to Maserati so they cant sell replacement fabric direct.

Some conversations were had between a forum member and them regarding getting replacement fabric before they stopped being of help shall we say from what i remember.

Will try and find the thread.

GeoffCapes

Didn’t someone get the tech cloth re-done with leather?
I think saw the car at Brooklands the other year. Looked awesome.

Ewan

Replace the tech-cloth with alcantara to recreate the MC-Victory interior. Given the main cost of a retrim is in the labour, not the fabric, this would be a cost effective upgrade.

Gp79

Thanks for or digging these threads up, I'll have a read.

I am tempted to see if it could be dyed a darker shade of grey, worst case would be retrim anyway.