Well, that stings....

EnzoMC

I am pretty confident those are just clear coat scratches.

Run it down to me I’ll sort it.

sorry Matt didn't see your post and didn't mean to step on any toes...

All getting complex :D Thanks all. It's pretty low down my list, although I may use it as a primer for the excellent Enzo polishing course! :)

C

C - didn't notice Matt also offered but offer still stands if Matt is busy - let me know when your free

Scaf

So that no one gets hurt feelings about their offers of free help to fix these scratches would it help if I bring you my wife's Corsa covered in supermarket rash - it will make you feel wanted for sure :love4:

CatmanV2

So that no one gets hurt feelings about their offers of free help to fix these scratches would it help if I bring you my wife’s Corsa covered in supermarket rash - it will make you feel wanted for sure :love4:

Thanks all! Other things on my mind, but it's lovely to see everyone pulling together, to make sure that no one feels left out! :D

Cheers

C

keith

I wish I shared your confidence :) We shall see. And even if they are not, it's just a car. ;)

C

Such an enlightened approach! For someone obsessive like me, I am always chasing my tail and agonising to get the smallest blemish sorted, which of course given the environment a car has to be used in is crazy.
I friend has a Toyota RAV4 with damage all over, whenever I point out something new she just laughs. Given the absurdity of trying to keep a car 'perfect' maybe you and her have got the rite idea!

Wack61

Sometimes it's nice having a car you don't care about, I'm very careful where I park the merc, MX5 and 4200 because the body on all of them is parking ding free and I know there are many people out there that just couldn't care less, especially supermarket car parks , kids throwing doors open without looking, selfish dicks parking in the wider child spaces which helps minimise it.

Having this old Range Rover ( which I love BTW) means I can park it anywhere and just walk away without a second glance

keith

Sometimes it's nice having a car you don't care about, I'm very careful where I park the merc, MX5 and 4200 because the body on all of them is parking ding free and I know there are many people out there that just couldn't care less, especially supermarket car parks , kids throwing doors open without looking, selfish dicks parking in the wider child spaces which helps minimise it.

Having this old Range Rover ( which I love BTW) means I can park it anywhere and just walk away without a second glance

To me very sensible. An old car which you leave anywhere.
My problem is sense doesn't enter the equation. Paranoid about collecting the slightest mark on my Ghibli, I have a second car as a daily runabout. I an currently in the process of changing my small car for a little DS3, which albeit before an enormous discount is still a 20 grand car. So instead off just getting a old used car for a couple of thousand I will end up getting paranoid about it picking up a dent etc.
I suppose I should really start to worry if I get a third car to avoid the second one getting damaged!!

Agree
I have a 17 year old 150,000 miles Renault Kangoo, used for carrying garden equipment and stuff around. It is almost knackered but I love it. Wind down windows, no frills, simple and basic with the luxury of a heater and a radio. I can leave it unlocked (who is going to pinch it?), fill it with **** etc. It has stained upholstery and is slowly rusting away. All I do is test it tax it and fill it up. - Oh the head was skimmed a few years ago and that is it.

MrPea

So, I watched this happen yesterday, rather too quickly to stop it. I brought it up with the elderly chap (in his 80's, I'm sure) who did it and he appeared totally amazed that it could have happened and claimed I was effectively imagining it. Unfortunately neither of us had a pen to write a note for the damaged car. I did then get a note sorted but by the time I returned to put it on the windscreen, both cars had left.
What should I do to get the evidence to the poor person who just had the side of their car wrecked?
I guess the chap who did it may have been totally unaware (I actually almost believe that after watching it happen), but admission would have been expensive if he knew he did it and he wouldn't want to admit that he was clearly no longer fit to drive.
471839a52e88d271726cd452e8a03833.jpg
ac88572f7935b26e15bccad530ffe3e3.jpg
2899a97d906bf9963cf56582cbef44b6.jpg

allandwf

He shouldn't be driving having such a lack of spatial awareness! Driving into a parking bay is part of the test now.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Fock! That's a real hum-dinger! I suppose your only route would be to go the police who can track down the owner and pass on the details of the offending driver.

Much as I'd feel a lot of pity for an old person's loss of independence caused by a lost driving license, that car could as easily have been a person, a pram or something far more valuable than a car.

I hate carparks.

MrPea

Much as I'd feel a lot of pity for an old person's loss of independence caused by a lost driving license, that car could as easily have been a person, a pram or something far more valuable than a car.
Yeah, the chap first drove into the wheel-arch and stopped, so I thought he was about to reverse... hence not walking over and banging on his car to alert him - I didn't want him to reverse into me. Then he just proceeded to apply the throttle in the forward direction. The other car did some serious wobbling.
I didn't feel safe around the the offending car, so didn't want to approach to stop him. I totally don't think he should be driving as he had no idea his car was even in contact with the one he was looking at! Next time, you're right, it could be a person.

allandwf

I'd pass on the details, at least if just to check he is fit to drive. Tomorrows headline may involve him and worse than a car.