Condensation in Ghibli Headlight cluster

Canova

Hi

I have a one year old ghibli, recently I have noticed condensation on the inside of both headlight clusters, has anyone else experienced this and found a solution. I hope the long term effect is not to make the reflective surfaces opaque.

Thanks

Canova

P R

I have just noticed a tiny bit in on of mine. Mine is 3.5 years old though

I would try the dealer but a word of caution, on previous Alfas that suffered with this they stated it was "normal" and even changed the handbook to state if a small amount of condensation was present it was normal and wouldnt affect anything.

MrMickS

yep.. you have a warranty, so make the most of it! :)

while your there, make sure you choose a suitably over specced car as your loaner!!!

You'll be lucky. The last loan car I got was a BMW 420i. Not what I was expecting and more hard black plastic than my 17 year old Alfa Spider.

P R

Hi

I have a one year old ghibli, recently I have noticed condensation on the inside of both headlight clusters, has anyone else experienced this and found a solution. I hope the long term effect is not to make the reflective surfaces opaque.

Thanks

Canova

Did you get anywhere with this? The condensation in mine has left a residue which doesnt look great, cant be doing much for the light beam either. I will mention it when its next in but cant see them doing anything

Canova

Hi

it is going in for a recall this week, I will mention the headlight condensation at the same time and let you know the response.

Canova

Hi P R

Maranello response as follows:-

Checked condensation to headlamps, Found no fault with fitting to trims. Does happen with humid climate, - ( washing, rain, keeping in garage undercover)

I Just hope the condensation does not cause any damage !

Canova

P R

Thanks for that Canova. So if they wont do anything when under the warranty then it is probably a negative % that they will outside warranty lol.

Thanks

D Walker

That’s ********, doesn’t happen in my 13 year old golf or 5 year old A1 or the Fiat 500 for that matter....

P R

Its also unsightly. Was looking at my colleagues Ghibli the other day, his lights look pristine, mine look clouded. Eurospares have each light unit at about £1200 ex VAT so you're probably looking at the thick end of £4k to get them replaced!

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I've had condensation along the bottom of the headlight units in my Audi TT as per the attached.

IMG_0316.jpg

It's in the garage today for a service and according to the MD it's because the headlight units are vented at the back to avoid heat build up and inevitably when the lights have been on in cold wet weather you will get a small amount of condensation. It disappears quickly on mine and hasn't left a mark.