F458 Spyder - honest opinions wanted..

Andyk

As before just do it buddy....So much better looking than the Coupe for me and one Ferrari I would have in my garage and there ain't many I would but liked the Spyder the first time I saw it. It man maths work out life is too short not to take that plunge.

iainw

How on earth can you get a carbon wheel with LEDs for 1200?
They are hens teeth used - please send me the link if you find one and are confident an M.D. will fit it

iainw

Looks a bit sorry for itself , its 2000 USD / 1600 Euros and no LEDs...

I think the ones with LEDS are v rare on sale, and cost around 4250 GBP OEM. :/

I would just get one with it - the vast majority of them seem to have one.The white is definitely growing one me. I personally couldn't do the red - but I appreciate the style!

sionie1

Surely if you're looking at a Ferrari then subtle isn't a word that should be in your vocabulary.. The whole thing is over the top lovelyness. I rather like it. Just buy it..

azapa

I owe you chaps an update. I've actually been working hard recently to justify such foolery (it's a special button on man-math calculator)

20180224_120944.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Andyk

Love that white and red....I would have darker wheels on it if it was mine......Buy it ....

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Oddly enough, I saw that spec Spyder in Dubai on Monday night. It looked gorgeous, frankly. As did the lady driving it.

safrane

Most of us can only dream of buying a Ferrari. Which ever one you buy it will look stunning and be a fantastic piece of automotive excellence.

Just go with what you want and ignore the plebs like me who have neither the cash or opportunity to join your ranks and can comment all we like about the plus and minus of each model, colour etc.

zagatoes30

most of us can only dream of buying a ferrari. Which ever one you buy it will look stunning and be a fantastic piece of automotive excellence.

Just go with what you want and ignore the plebs like me who have neither the cash or opportunity to join your ranks and can comment all we like about the plus and minus of each model, colour etc.

whs

Andyk

And the other bit is that it will look great next to your white Stradale as well.

iainw

I owe you chaps an update. I've actually been working hard recently to justify such foolery (it's a special button on man-math calculator)

View attachment 47690

Can we compare calculators!
I think you should do it. You only live once.
I am 15 days ( not that I am counting), from being back in the UK and pressing the button.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member

Is that the special “JFDI†function key? Or the “YOLO†one?

It's a good button and essential for all man-maths calculators. I use mine when the calculator is struggling. It's like a nitrous kit, for when you need that bit more boost.

azapa

Is that the special “JFDI” function key? Or the “YOLO” one?

It’s a good button and essential for all man-maths calculators. I use mine when the calculator is struggling. It’s like a nitrous kit, for when you need that bit more boost.

hahaha. It's amazing how such a bad decision can look so right at the moment. Rather like beer goggles, I imagine.

azapa

OK, self thread resurrection here.

Very unfortunately my crush on 458 Spiders has not gone away and another suitor has just shown up. The price, uncanily, for similar spec/year etc is the same in the US (Ebay motors) and Pistonheads. Makes me think that is where the dealers here are getting their forecourt values from.

Two questions:
1. What are your opinions on the current 458 market prices. I too sense a top (to be concreted, by my eventual foolhardy entry). Will the spider hold it's ground better?
2. What is the usual negotiating headroom with pistonheads dealer pricing? That is, lets say the car cost 185K, what offer would be reasonably well received?

Unfortunately, the way things might pan out, the Strad may have to go. The tension is building, and man-maths calc is giving progressively fuzzier data!

rs48635

well did you .......?
only asking after spotting white GranTurismo MC-shift with DKR interior S44LOH on A/T

Do we need to be concerned about tyre wear ?

Maserati Granturismo 4.7 V8 S Auto 2dr EU4 , RED INTERIOR, VERY CLEAN, LOW MILEAGE, 3 months warranty, Next MOT due 28/09/2021, Part service history, Excellent bodywork, Red Full leather interior - Excellent Condition, Tyre condition Excellent, Four wheel-drive, Metallic White, 5+ owners, Open Monday: Friday 9.30 - 5:30 And Saturday- Sunday 11.30 - 4.00, £27,295 p/x welcome