F458 Spyder - honest opinions wanted..

azapa

Probably a good idea that this is the Humour forum section, because I'm sure this won't go anywhere ... but...

My plan was to look for another car in our autumn, about 3 month away, and look through the winter. But this car has turned up:

F458 Spyder. 2014. White with red interior (!), 1200 Miles on the clock (!), 1 owner. Price: seems OK, and in line or a little better even than some PH prices I have seen - could not find a similar spec/mileage car.

I know, I know, I have no link, or even pictures. I have seen the car once in person, but not with an eye to buying it.

A white 458, with red interior? Sounds a bit hairdresser? (not PC, sorry) but. Has anyone who has driven a 458 Spyder got any comments. The initial plan is to keep the stradale (white..) also.

Talk me out of this please!

PS. a half-hearted google search found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY1yjZ1Jls0 the interior on this has a black dash. I'm pretty sure the one here has red.. this is NOT the car

Andyk

I like the Spyder more than the Coupe....Looks better and you can hear the engine better.....White with red really suits as well. Saw a lovely one at Dick Lovett in Swindon in that very colour and certainly caught my eye and I’m not a great Ferrari person. Go for it....

I've never driven a 458 in any form, or a Stradale Maser. But I'd probably dribble looking at a 458 and if funds allowed it, buy it in an instant.......
(But not with a red interior)

Contigo

Sponsor
Driven both, don't like the looks of the Spyder at all, the rear looks just weird.

Both drive amazingly, razor sharp handling and performance is amazing.

Get one!

iainw

I am currently trying to stop myself buying one. But it would have to have a dark interior with carbon seats. Not sure I could take red.
The white does look nice especially with a bit of carbon.
I prefer the lines on the italia (and to see the engine) - but as Andy says..I think it would sound awesome with the roof down...

azapa

They sound "OK" but nowhere near a stradale on full chat. But I am loving that cowl type thing on the back of the spyder that goes up the up towards the headrests. Calculator out. Visit maybe tomorrow.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
But I am loving that cowl type thing on the back of the spyder that goes up the up towards the headrests. /QUOTE]

Yes, I'm with you on that. I prefer the look of the Spyder, personally. Frankly, I'd turn neither down. White gets two thumbs up, red interior, maybe not so much.

azapa

What about future resale value of a non-red Ferrari. The guy who sold me the strad bought a Maca MP4-12C spyder, hated it, 'soulless', sold in 3 months, then spent a year looking for a red 458 that met his spec "because your first Ferrari must be red"! In the end he bought a huracan, but the point is: red?

I am assuming that buying a non-red F now I will already be paying down for that reason. But what about the future?

Looking at the production numbers, amazingly almost 18000 458's were made. Compare that with the 490 or so 2 seater stradales. Not fair, I know. Wonder how many of those 18.000 where spyders?

Andyk

Don't think colour not being red will effect price......in fact a red Ferrari is a bit .... Well ..... Obvious.....Anything other than red.

ofenomeno99

The 458 spider is probably one of the very very very few cars that do the hard top robotic convertible thing and look great.

I had a 458 coupe for a week and it was the closest thing to riding a Ducati on 4 wheels and safety. It handles and drives like nothing else.

You're right in that the Maserati sounds nicer, but the 458 screams in a way the Maserati doesn't.

I personally love red interiors, don't get what everyone's problem with red is :dance:

conaero

Forum Owner
White with red, perfect and my mums a hairdresser so that probably figures.

As for the Spyder, I wouldnt, I would only go 458 Coupe, its a stunning look and I get what your saying being too much in the Spyder (red/white)

right now, if I was spec'ing a new Strad, white with red leather would be the way I would go but only in 2 seater form:

Maserati-GranTurismo-MC-Stradale-Interior-.jpg

conaero

Forum Owner
D@mn, I so what to put this interior in my Strad....why did I dig that old picture up!

azapa

blinkin heck, that strad interior is the dogs gonads! Roll cage version too. I would love it. A full conversion with proper kit would probably only cost a few K?

Anyway, I am seeing the 458 Saturday. I (and my bank balance) hope that I don't like it. Photos to follow.

azapa

Could have the parts out a salvage 4.2 but my stitching is white...bummer :(

A small, indelible felt pen and a lot of free time? Your stitching is probably that light grey colour anyway, like mine. Red stitching looks great.