Ghibli prices on the up...

Andyk

Just saw that on Facebook....Just a stunning vehicle. May be old but still looks amazing. Dicky also has a stunning 3200 in red. Looks like one of the nicest examples I've seen for a while.

Ewan

It's a lovely example and I would encourage anyone dreaming of a Ghibli Cup to go and see it. On average, less than one Cup per year crops up for sale, so it's a rare opportunity.

I only sold it as I had 4 other Maserati's at the time, including the Shamal. And whenever I went to the garage, the urge to use the Shamal was greater than that to use the Cup, so it ended up just sitting there. Also, as an investement it had performed well, so taking the profit seemed sensible. From memory I paid £11.5k for it and sold it for £36.5k. Of course, it's value has continued to rise steadily, something that I'd see as being likely to continue going forward. I'll check my list, but I think there are only 22 UK cars left, and a couple of those have very high mileages (130k or so). So this particular car, with a perfect history file and well documented provenance, is as investable as any.