Nice QP V 4.7 GTS

Andyk

Yep, noticed it this morning....Thought it looked a good buy. Plus right spec....Black exhaust, window surround etc.....The different colour piping is a nice touch and breaks up that black. They have some nice cars as well....Stradale, GT.......

You car looks mint Dicky......Anyne wanting a GTS should try a QP GTS first as they are rare and now surely will hold they value better.....Always though this was one of Maserati's best cars. Still watch that Top a Gear episode with it up against the Porsche and Aston and it was the one they would choose.

rockits

I don't expect they will prep their cars like you do yours Dicky. I have tried to buy a couple of cars with them over the years and they never replied in either case. That QP GTS you have there looks a lovely example. For me I think a GTS needs that half alcantara though.

For me the QP 4.7 GTS would be my ideal choice. They are just a bit out of my price range at the moment and happy with my Exec GT. I would have had Ewan's £20k QP 4.2 GTS over mine if I had't bought mine before though. I just can't justify the additional £15k on top of my QP to get into a 4.7 GTS. I don't use mine that much as it is.

I've just bought a nice AMG E55K wagon in that will replace the XC90. Am considering if I should keep the QP long term and may look at selling later this year. I just don't do enough miles these days and don't get to use the QP much as need the big estate boot space for a work daily. The smart idea would be to sell the QP at some point and pop that money on top of the wife's existing Freelander 2 SD4 to get her something like a Discovery Sport.

The QP Exec GT I have is a lovely wonderful thing but not using it so much is a sin although it is lovely just to look at! Just had the wheels refurbished and all 4 new tyres. Will be going to Voicey at some point mid 2018 for a service. Also need to get the brakes replaced as they are starting to wear down now.

Pretty much agree with your QP comments mate. I am in a similar position.
I need to decide whether it is a keeper or not.
Tempted by the above but like you can I really justify it?

rockits

Pretty much agree with your QP comments mate. I am in a similar position.
I need to decide whether it is a keeper or not.
Tempted by the above but like you can I really justify it?

I can't justify at the mo as have too many other higher priorities pulls on my cash. If the development project gets moving then cars will be off the priorities list for 2-3 years. Then I might be able to go bananas!!

Andyk

Suppose the other piece is if you paid 30/31k for the car would it depreciate much more if at all. Prices have started to hold firm on the 4.7 GTS from 30 to 40k from what you see for sale and have been around that for a year or so. Two for sale the moment and rare to see more than 3 or 4 against 105 over all QP's for sale on AT.....But then if you have a QP that's worth £15 to 20k it's probably done all its depreciation.

rockits

Suppose the other piece is if you paid 30/31k for the car would it depreciate much more if at all. Prices have started to hold firm on the 4.7 GTS from 30 to 40k from what you see for sale and have been around that for a year or so. Two for sale the moment and rare to see more than 3 or 4 against 105 over all QP's for sale on AT.....But then if you have a QP that's worth £15 to 20k it's probably done all its depreciation.
If you can transfer over the 15k I'll buy it

Razz

QPs have depreciated beyond the expected curve - by a fair wack. As the % parts and maintenace as a proportion of the value ratchets up unabated there is only one thing that will change the dynamics. The cost of parts!!!! It really is that simple - parts costs will not come down , therefore, value of the cars will continue on a downward trend until plateau in a couple or so years.
Whether it is the 4.2, 4.7 or GTS - ALL are dipping quite fast.
Wait one year and QP 4.7gts will be nearer 20k entry point. The rarity of the 4.7 GTS has done nothing to halt its value decline.
Moral of the story, imho, quite a few years until QPs become appreciating classics - GTS or not - as little nh as parts costs tumble.
But still a GREAT car to drive nonetheless.

plummeting

rockits

A QP can only be depreciated to a point. This point is the point at it makes more sense to break it for spares. This is of course for early AB4's so maybe lowest price will be 8k then any lower & it makes more sense to break it.

With high parts prices this just bolsters this a little & stops depreciation beyond a certain point & prevents it going lower. All better, new, lower mile cars up the food chain are supported all the way up.

I think you'll see a 4.7 GTS down to 25k maybe 20k but suspect it will stop there. I bought my QP Exec GT at the price I did when I did as could only a 5k depreciation drop max & still stand by that 18 months on.

Same with many old Mercs especially S Class & CL. Anyone brave enough and/or handy with spanners also with a keen purchasing skill can bag a whole lot of car for not a lot these days. Some of these older cars have nothing wrong with them at all & can be low miles, low owners with good history

They can still be worth buttons though but that is our gain IMHO! Fortune favours the brave!!

Razz

Spanner’s plus a solid s class AMG = great value for money ( got the t-shirt!).
The love affair with my QP 4.7 transcends financial logic - I would love to keep it till one of us dies. The car gets the garage and I get the care home I think

Razz

I had the S55 2001 (Lwb but not the K) and s65 amg 2004 twin turbo.
Lots of electrical gremlins but wow to drive especially s65.
Mechanically sound not too complex - wasn’t anything that good tools and internet couldn’t fix.
Very cheap very fast motoring indeed!

rockits

Nice....bet the S65 TT was a piece of kit. Had plenty of Merc V8's & other marques V8's but the V12 has always scared the bejesus out of me.

Never had a V12 and will do one day bit I think my back pocket needs to be ready!

rockits

Indeed. Same engine as my newly acquired E55K. Used a fair bit in E55K, SL55, S55, CLS55. Cracking drivetrain & bulletproof accompanying 5 speed slush box.