A runaround needed!!

dem maser

Hey guys, i need a reliable runaround to use for when i pick my daughter up.

Don't mind the style ie coupe or convert or saloon aslong as its reliable or has served you well....

Currently looking at 159 ti and GT diesels to give you an idea

Anyone with a car they are thinking of selling let me know

Love you x

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, i need a reliable runaround to use for when i pick my daughter up.

Don't mind the style ie coupe or convert or saloon aslong as its reliable or has served you well....

Currently looking at 159 ti and GT diesels to give you an idea

Anyone with a car they are thinking of selling let me know

Love you x

Dem! Hallo, mate. Love you, too. x

CatmanV2

How much?

Dave

Ummm

No idea. Seriously. Dave, it's (as far as we know) a rust free, LHD 1.7 Green Cloverleaf. We're pulling it from its container on Monday because it really should go to someone that will appreciate it. The current plan is it gets shipped to Auto Alfa on Monday. Felice looks it over and we make a call as to whether we MOT it for sale as the weather picks up, or we sell it as a project. The expectation is it'll only need fluids and hoses to put it on the road, but clearly some might like to take it further.

There's also a load of spares: NOS front screen, tailgate, rear seats, wheels, grills......

PM if interested. We're not looking for silly and would really rather it went to someone that would care and look after......

C

Jnismith

If only I hadn’t just bought the GS, I would have been interested, but seriously, let us know the price.

CatmanV2

If only I hadn’t just bought the GS, I would have been interested, but seriously, let us know the price.

Jnsmith: If Felice comes up with a price I will. But why not make an offer? We *GENUINELY* want this car to go to someone who will care for and use it. PM me if you want.

C

wifedrivestheclio

Funnily enough I’m in a similar position after my station hack died. I’m thinking alfa 156, Berera or 916 spider
ebay job. Nice looking 166 went for sub £1k this evening - too big for my needs but looked a nice car.

Jnismith

Should have gone for the 166. Much cheaper! I once had a friend (70’s) who refused to spend more than £20 on cars. They used to last a few months but a great way to dirive a variety of cars at no cost.

CatmanV2

I bought a 166 sight unseen from ebay. Dragged it to Champagne. Never missed a beat. V6 2.5l utterly sublime. Sold it to my Dad as it wasn't hustle and sadly it was written off sitting in his drive. But *what* a car.....

C

Swedish Paul

Lhd? I am interested too. I have no idea on the values, and I would bring the car to Sweden. Be a great summer runaround.

Mattp

I've got a nice 2007 Alfa GT Q2 JTDM for sale... angel remap, k&n filter, lightweight flywheel... Bose, 18" 5 spokes, black leather, red stitching,102,000 miles, 2 owners... I've had it 7 years... it's not perfect, my daily driver so been used and loved.
Needs a new clutch so about £1500....

A few years ago...

y4moHlYt2ARe25vNNDKlMVQZW7muEIMuaKmeDjWEewYgqgxLnGpTSm6HKQvDNCa9Kc1xjt6q1YIgUJEf0U4xmrlARaKfIx2meUA9AKNU8up-Hs20HEYlzSQS-RTQEBgs8lNKSix4Bs4c4qSa12jEUnslP3ikm5n0T-B-FgxP6pcHFvhhFCFg2ozCE8j6heJ2mMQSQmiRbNk4d582okFFeWv6g

conaero

Forum Owner
Buy it Dem, 102k is nothing and £1500 is service money.

Ah, just seen about the clutch, it’s dualmass isn’t it Matt which is a grand job.

Is it slipping or heavy?

Andyk

I live the fact Dem is asking for. RELIABLE runaround to pick up his daughter from school and everyone is talking about Alfa's.....Not two words that usually go together .... :lol2: I'll get my coat.

spkennyuk

I live the fact Dem is asking for. RELIABLE runaround to pick up his daughter from school and everyone is talking about Alfa's.....Not two words that usually go together .... :lol2: I'll get my coat.

Lol. Ive done nearly 8k in 12 months in the 166. Walked its MOT. Only thing of note was a corroded brake pipe. £20 job done.

Its been a true champion of bangernomics so far and its got all the mod cons like a tape deck. :laugh:

Blue tooth tape adapter and i can stream music and sat nav.

zagatoes30

I've got a nice 2007 Alfa GT Q2 JTDM for sale... angel remap, k&n filter, lightweight flywheel... Bose, 18" 5 spokes, black leather, red stitching,102,000 miles, 2 owners... I've had it 7 years... it's not perfect, my daily driver so been used and loved.
Needs a new clutch so about £1500....

A few years ago...

y4moHlYt2ARe25vNNDKlMVQZW7muEIMuaKmeDjWEewYgqgxLnGpTSm6HKQvDNCa9Kc1xjt6q1YIgUJEf0U4xmrlARaKfIx2meUA9AKNU8up-Hs20HEYlzSQS-RTQEBgs8lNKSix4Bs4c4qSa12jEUnslP3ikm5n0T-B-FgxP6pcHFvhhFCFg2ozCE8j6heJ2mMQSQmiRbNk4d582okFFeWv6g

Looks good value

zagatoes30

And so you should, my SZ and Giulietta are both ultra reliable always have been. I used to always run 146, 145, 156 & 147s as cheap everyday bangers. Bought run for a year and sell for the same money, never MOT'd them and only once did I get let down and that was a puncture