A runaround needed!!

Spartacus

Dem just buy a well services alfa petrol 147 or 156 they are cheap as chips and pretty reliable . Just change the timing belt and they will go on and on .

....Buy Dickies mates for £850.00 and get Mafs mobile guy to blow the wing in for about £150 . Good car for a bag a sand ...job done

Last edited:

conaero

Forum Owner
I tend to agree with the 147 above.

Just check any TS Alfa for a rattling bottom end. People forget to check the oil and are ignorant of the oil eating nature of the TS and run it till the oil light comes on....which translate in Alfa TS speak as: Get a new engine.

outrun

A mate of mine wants £1k for a 2007 Alfa 147 1.6 Petrol collezione. It's done 75k and needs a wing painting due to a scrape but seems to be genuine value. I've got pics if you email me Dem.

High road tax on them though which doesn't help.

Are Alfa 147s as much fun as they say? I'll need a run around myself later in the year and must get hold of one for a test drive. I don’t do enough miles to justify a diesel, so which petrol engine is enough for 'progressive driving' ;)

CatmanV2

Are Alfa 147s as much fun as they say? I'll need a run around myself later in the year and must get hold of one for a test drive. I don’t do enough miles to justify a diesel, so which petrol engine is enough for 'progressive driving' ;)

Mrs Catman has a 147 2.0 Lusso. It's a good little car. Well put together, spritely practical and reliable. I'd have another in a heartbeat, but there seems little point. We've owned ours for 68k miles and know that it's been well cared for so better the devil you know.

I'd totally recommend one.

C

Andyk

If you need decent fuel economy Dem the don't buy a 147....As you say they do drink a bit fir what they are. All depends how much you have but if it was a run around that was cheap to run I wouldn't go Italian unless it was something like a small Fiat maybe. Alfas no mater what model will cost when things go wrong.,

Mrs Catman has a 147 2.0 Lusso. It's a good little car. Well put together, spritely practical and reliable. I'd have another in a heartbeat, but there seems little point. We've owned ours for 68k miles and know that it's been well cared for so better the devil you know.

I'd totally recommend one.

C

Cheers. I always liked the 147 styling, compared to most other hatches.
They're a pretty rare sight now, on this side of the water.

zagatoes30

2.0 Petrol 147 was 9.3 0-60 and the 1.9 JTD 16V is 8.8 for the same sprint. The petrol will do mid 30s on a run and the diesel low 40s. They can be picked up for peanuts and other than suspension arms are pretty solid.

G

Guest 1678

Also check the rear floor pan - they are not as well protected in that area.

Clean them and then waxoyl like mad.