What's happened to the Gran Turismo?

FF1078

I received a marketing email from JCT600 Leeds last night advertising their current range
See below.

Have you ever experienced the driving emotion of a Maserati? If not, now is the perfect time to get behind the wheel of the rarely seen iconic Trident and discover the full Maserati range.

For 2018, Ghibli, Levante and Quattroporte are offered in GranLusso and GranSport form, each comprehensively equipped according to your precise personal wishes. With the GranLusso, the emphasis is on luxury and comfort. With the GranSport, it's more about directly engaging dynamics.

Whatever your ambition, the Maserati range always has a uniquely inspirational answer.

There is no mention of the GT!

bigbob

Parks sent me an e-mail last week offering a test drive in the 'new GranTurismo' so it just depends what they are pushing.

conaero

Forum Owner
Parks sent me an e-mail last week offering a test drive in the 'new GranTurismo' so it just depends what they are pushing.

They may be wanting to shift stock allocation of pre built cars....at a discount naturally :)

JonW

I was in Maranello, Egham 2 weekends ago, and I was told they had ceased production of the Granturismo, again!

Apparently the engine wouldn’t meet future emission levels, so the MY18 cars will be the end of the line. Maranello were saying they will have 4 more new cars delivered (already determined in terms of spec), and then that will be it....

If that’s true, at some point the MY18 cars will be fairly rare, and probably a good long term buy.

However, it may be utter boll$$ks!

bigbob

I was in Maranello, Egham 2 weekends ago, and I was told they had ceased production of the Granturismo, again!

Apparently the engine wouldn’t meet future emission levels, so the MY18 cars will be the end of the line. Maranello were saying they will have 4 more new cars delivered (already determined in terms of spec), and then that will be it....

If that’s true, at some point the MY18 cars will be fairly rare, and probably a good long term buy.

However, it may be utter boll$$ks!

Could be true as the new Euro 6d regs come in to force on all registrations from 01/09/18 and BMW decided not to update the engine on the outgoing M3 for this reason. If ithis is correct then all physical European cars will need to be registered by 31/08/18.

JonW

Could be true as the new Euro 6d regs come in to force on all registrations from 01/09/18 and BMW decided not to update the engine on the outgoing M3 for this reason. If ithis is correct then all physical European cars will need to be registered by 31/08/18.

Thanks Bob, this is an interesting angle to it... I may follow up with a few people and see if I can get this confirmed.

bigbob

Thanks Bob, this is an interesting angle to it... I may follow up with a few people and see if I can get this confirmed.

Would appreciate that. I'm not ordering another one mind as mine is still ace but it would be good to know. That way we can have a wake on 31st August if nec.

Wagons-Lits

I got the same email from JCT and also noticed there was no mention of the GT - but then noticed they still include pics of the GT and GC in the family header shot! Figured it was just Maserati’s relaxed approach to the details <like which cars are still for sale >...

woody1144

IMG_0599.jpg

Came across this lovely coloured facelift whilst having a look around Manchester Maserati at the weekend. Looking at the piece of paper on the windscreen, it appeared to be a car for a very lucky customer. Maybe we won't see many of these around then from now on :(.

woody1144

urgh...I tried posting this 5 times editing the picture on my phone and mac but it still comes out upside down sorry! You get the idea :).

Triggerfish

A maserati spoksman says..... The Granturismo will be replaced in 2020. BUT the MY18 will cease production in seven months. The dealer network must therefor preorder any stock they feel they require to tide them over until 2020.....yeah, they're really going to tie up cash doing that I'm sure!

murph7355

A maserati spoksman says..... The Granturismo will be replaced in 2020. BUT the MY18 will cease production in seven months. The dealer network must therefor preorder any stock they feel they require to tide them over until 2020.....yeah, they're really going to tie up cash doing that I'm sure!
Looking at the number on Autotrader and the prices of them I totally agree.