To Strad or not to Strad....

Andyk

The white one with 40k on the clock .....is that a decent price now....I know it was up for a lot more at one stage. It has a really lovely spec with all the carbon inside and now they are he ting older 40k isn’t a lot of miles. Doubt you will see many two seaters at this price point going forward.

Andyk

Last Centenary I saw was that off white colour at the back end of last year....For me they aren't worth paying extra for as its only cosmetic. I prefer the alcantara you can have on the standard car against the leather on the Centenary which with those stripes for me looks a bit 1990 trainers....The black with red stripe looks better than the white with blue for me. But you do get that lovely red exterior colour on the Centenary which I see you can get now on the facelift if you want to pay 7k for it.

RG07 MAS

And now the kicker......

Standard, X pipe, H pipe, cats?

Has anyone here done anything to their Strad exhaust?

Is there any difference between the GTS and the Strad system?

Go!

conaero

Forum Owner
Removed OEM X/silencer and fitted Larini H pipe.

That’s enough in my book but have considered Larini Sports cats.

Contigo

Sponsor
And now the kicker......

Standard, X pipe, H pipe, cats?

Has anyone here done anything to their Strad exhaust?

Is there any difference between the GTS and the Strad system?

Go!

Same system apart from rear boxes (centre outlet pipes on Strad) and the fact that in RACE mode the valves are open fully all the time. I have Larini Sports Cats and H pipe on mine (custom H not the silenced Larini H) and it is insanely loud but in a good way. A deep bassy soundtrack to it.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Same system apart from rear boxes (centre outlet pipes on Strad) and the fact that in RACE mode the valves are open fully all the time. I have Larini Sports Cats and H pipe on mine (custom H not the silenced Larini H) and it is insanely loud but in a good way. A deep bassy soundtrack to it.

Phil, what’s your dB reading with the sports cats and H-pipe? Also, do the valves in the GTS ever fully open?

Contigo

Sponsor
The reading we got at the last meet was 130.9dB at 5k rpm (can only rev to that in Neutral stationary) and on the GTS in SPORT mode the valves open fully over 3k rpm.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that's more or less what I remembered. Given the logarithmic dB scale, that's a huge volume increase. It's now about the same as the Bean Machean 458 with its Capristo, I think. I'd be amazed if a less asphyxiated exhaust didn't unleash a little extra grunt as well. Every way a winner!

FA57GTA

The 2 seater for sale at redline has no cost options, this might be one of the reasons it hasn’t sold? You can’t really be choosy though I know, and if I was looking for a 2 seat stradale it’s very good value for money with the low miles.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
The Strad always struck me as well spec’d as standard. What are the cost options? Just lots of carbon or some other stuff as well?

FF1078

The reading we got at the last meet was 130.9dB at 5k rpm (can only rev to that in Neutral stationary) and on the GTS in SPORT mode the valves open fully over 3k rpm.

I thought the sport valves where fully open in sports all the time in manual anyway?

Andyk

Stradale option were:

20 inch MC design Matt graphite wheel £480
Brake calliper black, yellow, red £432
Spare space spare wheel £600
Metallic paint £564
Special paint £1800
Pear paint £5400
Matt paint £15000
Car cover £216
Auto dimming exterior mirrors £318
iPod connection £259
Home link garage door opener £420
Front floor mats £108
Alcantara headlining £960
Alutex trim interior detail or Titan tex trim £1560
Steering wheel leather details colour upon request £134
Steering wheel fibre trim £708
Steering wheel in coloured leather £234
Steering wheel in black leather only £0
Stitching colour upon request £168
Upper/lower dashboard and rear shelf colour upon request £720
Carpet piping colour upon request £60
Door sill plates alutex or Titan tec £540
Roll bar and 4 point harness £2400
Roll bar £1920
In car extinguisher £270

MCSportline options.
Aero package in carbon fibre £2280
Interior carbon package - dashboard, door panels, trim inserts and upper door trim £1740
Interior carbon package Evo 1 - carbon door sills, carbon centre console £1080
Interior carbon package Evo 11 - carbon paddle shifts and instrument surround £1680
Gear switch surround carbon £696
Steering wheel carbon and black leather £780
MC aluminium peddles and for rest £420
20 inch Neptune black alloys £876
Exterior livery trident logo on roof and striped on side £1380
Trident on roof only £516

The original owner could also ticked the option box for Stradale racing overalls, gloves and helmet but can't find the price for those.

Andyk

The 2 seater for sale at redline has no cost options, this might be one of the reasons it hasn’t sold? You can’t really be choosy though I know, and if I was looking for a 2 seat stradale it’s very good value for money with the low miles.

Those graphics so suit a white Stradale.....love yours. Not many had them when new.

rockits

For me the 2 seater Strad is a weird one. It is still too big & heavy to be a 2 seater sports car. The main selling point for most of the GT was the usable 4 seats & overall package.

The 4 seater Strad makes more sense for most but I understand some who don't need the 4 seats so go for a lighter 2 seater. However I can't get to it being worth double a 4.7 GT S MC Shift. At 60k+ you getting into the price bracket for some fairy serious 2 seater sports cars. Of course the sound alone and spririt/soul of the Strad cod be enough for most and I get that.

I have had serious thoughts about selling the 4200, QP & SL to fund a Strad. I just can't get it to work in my head though. If only it was smaller & lighter.

FF1078

For me the 2 seater Strad is a weird one. It is still too big & heavy to be a 2 seater sports car. The main selling point for most of the GT was the usable 4 seats & overall package.

The 4 seater Strad makes more sense for most but I understand some who don't need the 4 seats so go for a lighter 2 seater. However I can't get to it being worth double a 4.7 GT S MC Shift. At 60k+ you getting into the price bracket for some fairy serious 2 seater sports cars. Of course the sound alone and spririt/soul of the Strad cod be enough for most and I get that.

I have had serious thoughts about selling the 4200, QP & SL to fund a Strad. I just can't get it to work in my head though. If only it was smaller & lighter.

Try using "man math" and I sure you'll work it out. Sell you other toys and buy a Strad!

conaero

Forum Owner
That’s the reason I went for the 2 seater Dean. It’s stupid and rare but adds to the bonkersness :)

For me the 4 seater Strad was just not different enough from my previous GTS to justify the price hike. Then those Enzo Carbon Seates :)

...as you say Dean it makes no sense and that’s why I love it. Zero plans to sell.

rockits

That's the reason I went for the 2 seater Dean. It's stupid and rare but adds to the bonkersness :)

For me the 4 seater Strad was just not different enough from my previous GTS to justify the price hike. Then those Enzo Carbon Seates :)

...as you say Dean it makes no sense and that's why I love it. Zero plans to sell.
I agree & can understand & appreciate why you went this way. Maybe time will change things for me but I just can't get the maths to work in my head. I would rather keep the 4200 or swap for a 4.7 GT S MC Shift + a TVR or something.