4c finished

G

Guest 1678

Picked up the Stelvio today and was chatting to the dealer about future product plans.

He showed me an internal memo, from the factory, that stated the last orders for the 4c were being taken and the U.K. had a final allocation of 8 cars. Orders to be taken by the end of aMarch 2018. Seems the emphasis will be in Giorgio based cars for the very foreseeable future.

Have to say I am tempted to look at a 4c as a collectible in the next couple of years.

bigbob

That is really interesting so the only products being produced at the Modena factory (GT, GC, 4C) are going out of production. So the line is being shut or the new cars are much closer than we thought.

MrMickS

Will they build a new 4C or a Giorgio based 6C?

The 4C has done its job, time for a new Halo car. I still think we'll see 6C and Alfieri at around the same time, built on a shared platform with the Maser more of a luxury GT and the Alfa more sports focused.

iainw

Picked up the Stelvio today and was chatting to the dealer about future product plans.

He showed me an internal memo, from the factory, that stated the last orders for the 4c were being taken and the U.K. had a final allocation of 8 cars. Orders to be taken by the end of aMarch 2018. Seems the emphasis will be in Giorgio based cars for the very foreseeable future.

Have to say I am tempted to look at a 4c as a collectible in the next couple of years.

Weren’t they desperate to get rid of them on lease for 10p and a kit kat per month recently? They seemed to have trouble selling them. I thought they were produced in high volume- do you really think they will be collectible?

PS- can we see photos of the stelvio? I really like the look of them from the advertising pictures

Andyk

There are two limited editions to be shown at Geneva but these are probably Europe only and only cosmetic. An updated car is on the way which will put right all the bits that make this can a nearly car. I wouldn't buy this model as it's not great and prices will drop once the improved car comes along. I drove one and it was so nervous when pushing on. Alfa should See Lotus on how to make a car like this which maybe they have now done. A thing of beauty but thats where it stops. If there wasn't a mark 2 it may be worth it.......In an interview with the Alfa CEO he admitted they got it wrong but would put that right.

G

Guest 1678

Weren’t they desperate to get rid of them on lease for 10p and a kit kat per month recently? They seemed to have trouble selling them. I thought they were produced in high volume- do you really think they will be collectible?

PS- can we see photos of the stelvio? I really like the look of them from the advertising pictures

I’ll post some up in the coming days.

I know I am biased, but it is impressive. Bought a 280bhp Milano edizione - 400 miles so far and it is a very quiet and relaxing place to be.

G

Guest 1678

There are two limited editions to be shown at Geneva but these are probably Europe only and only cosmetic. An updated car is on the way which will put right all the bits that make this can a nearly car. I wouldn’t buy this model as it’s not great and prices will drop once the improved car comes along. I drove one and it was so nervous when pushing on. Alfa should See Lotus on how to make a car like this which maybe they have now done. A thing of beauty but thats where it stops. If there wasn’t a mark 2 it may be worth it.......In an interview with the Alfa CEO he admitted they got it wrong but would put that right.

No mention of a mark 2. Seems the 6c will be the halo model (F Type) territory and the Giulia Coupe will be the RS5/AMG C Class coupe competitor.

Andyk

No mention of a mark 2. Seems the 6c will be the halo model (F Type) territory and the Giulia Coupe will be the RS5/AMG C Class coupe competitor.

It was in an interview on Pistonheads I think. He was clear that an updated 4c was in the making to put right the wrongs f the first model....perhaps it's some time away. We will see I suppose.

zagatoes30

There are a lot of low mileage cars for sale and the price has dropped significantly. Still not sure what it is supposed to be, track focussed or interesting road car

Jnismith

There are a lot of low mileage cars for sale and the price has dropped significantly. Still not sure what it is supposed to be, track focussed or interesting road car

Certainly an interesting road car. At least for your neighbours. When I climbed into one in the dealership, I put my hand on the steering wheel and blasted the horn. The sales guy laughed and said everyone does that.

Andyk

That’s the issue it wants to be both track special with some comfort. The Elise does the track special better and I’ve had a few they aren’t that uncomfortable which Lotus always has that ride well nailed. But the Elise was cheaper when the 4c came out so really it was aimed maybe at an Evora and that does the track and comfy bit even better. It wipes the floor with the 4c for fun, feedback, handling etc. Also the 4c interior plastics are not nice or what you expect of a 50k plus car. When I drove the 4c it felt like it needed more development .... it was on the brink of perfect and wouldn’t have taken much to get right.... The day before I drove an Evora and if Alfa wanted to improve just see Lotus for how it’s done. 4c will always be an almost car. Alfa’s history is littered with cars like this but so good to see the Guilia Q.V. thinking bucking the trend. It’s a good sign for future performance Alfa’s.

G

Guest 1678

Retailing for £38k with 6-7,000 miles, just over a year old.

I have been told if you know the right people and can source them you are looking at close to £30k in the trade. That is massive depreciation for a 'limited volume' car.

Andyk

Retailing for £38k with 6-7,000 miles, just over a year old.

I have been told if you know the right people and can source them you are looking at close to £30k in the trade. That is massive depreciation for a 'limited volume' car.

Feels like they should have been 35 to 40k new. I had my name on the list for one and they said 40k then that just went up and up.

P R

That is really interesting so the only products being produced at the Modena factory (GT, GC, 4C) are going out of production. So the line is being shut or the new cars are much closer than we thought.

This

I am hoping it means the Alfieri will be here "soon"! The GT GC are finishing in April May from what I was told.