Top Gear!

conaero

Forum Owner
Yes, was a good episode , I will have to go to Japan . It looks amazing .

Indeed, full of like minded nutters. Did anyone else see the QP parked at the Auction site?

My wife and girls commented how good the underlite Lambos looked. I commented that I might do the same with the Strad then....which was met with 'the dead pan face' :)

Lozzingers

Which one are you then? I am going for furry lined hood bloke?

Bingo! I was trying to keep far away from the woman next to me who they'd just placed there but she stank!
I saw the qp and hoped they'd buy it for a brief instant... Though it's not the most Japanese of cars

Contigo

Sponsor
Great episode! Used to live in Tokyo and met some of those Bosozoku guys a few times late at night. They used to have a really bad rep as Rory said but now are just big kids as you can see!

Spotted two Masers at the auctions as well.

outrun

I enjoyed it too. It's a cool place to visit and I can really relate to Chris's struggles with the underground tickets and barriers! The only thing that I wouldn't have done is damaged their two auction cars. Just don't see the point!

Good fun though.

Wayne1

Matter of interest, and for those as old as me who may remember 'doing a Woolard' (Top Gear foot on front bumper pose)

He of above William Woolard - I sat next to in a restaurant in Antibes in South of France a couple of months back where he now lives. He looks much the same as back in the day.

Hurricane52

My missus remembers Matt from some US show before he had a gut. She reckons all women of her age will watch anything with him in it. Our two kids aged 10 and 8 howled with laughter and excitement throughout. The format is hackneyed, but the chemistry is developing and our boys really do love it.

I think this series has been pretty good so far. There’s not much on TV that I can watch with the whole family including my 76 year old Dad.

JonW

I watched the latest show tonight and the Extra Gear, and thoroughly enjoyed them both

Tokyo is 2nd on my list of major cities I want to go to, but haven’t made it yet. Shanghai is #1...

Andyk

Agree with all...Watched it last night. Probably the best performance from Chris and Matt....They really did gel together which is good to see. Enjoyed all ....Rory still needs to go though....Anyone who says on National TV when driving a Nissan with big yellow pipe cleaners sticking out the bonnet and a snow plough on the front.....'I need to get me one of these' ..... shows a car show ain't for him and a man of dubious taste.

Love that Lexus but like most that Honda is just bloody horrid....Great drive or not....

zagatoes30

Dara O'Briein drives a grancab!

We need a proper comedian on the forum... As we're a boring bunch..

The surprised me, wouldn't have had him down as a Maser fan but good on him. I guess in the world of flash cars the Maser is quite subtle a sober choice until you open the exhaust up

GeoffCapes

I was on a flight with him once from Johannesburg to London. Christ, that voice carries!

Doesn't it just! He's like Foghorn Leghorn!

Drives a Fiat 500 now. Obviously the GTS was too manly for him!

Ironically Vic Reeves lives near me somewhere, he drives a 500 as well. Make of that what you will.

And one for you Adam, Paul Hollywood (a tv chef apparently) lives 5 minutes away, he has a V12 Vanquish

I didn't realise this part of Kent was such a magnet for C list celebs!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't it just! He's like Foghorn Leghorn!

I was glad when he fell asleep. It meant everyone else could as well. Is having seen Paul O'Grady in his pyjamas a claim to fame, or should I not mention that?

And one for you Adam, Paul Hollywood (a tv chef apparently) lives 5 minutes away, he has a V12 Vanquish

Did you see him on the car programme he did in Italy, Germany and France? It was surprisingly good, and I really warmed to him. He came across much better than he did on the few snippets of the baking programme which I saw. He's apparently a pretty talented racing driver as well as being able to knock up a decent loaf of bread.

GeoffCapes

I was glad when he fell asleep. It meant everyone else could as well. Is having seen Paul O'Grady in his pyjamas a claim to fame, or should I not mention that?

Did you see him on the car programme he did in Italy, Germany and France? It was surprisingly good, and I really warmed to him. He came across much better than he did on the few snippets of the baking programme which I saw. He's apparently a pretty talented racing driver as well as being able to knock up a decent loaf of bread.

When I go out for a bike ride, which is rare, but something I'm going to have to do more often for my charity ride training, I invariably go past Paul O'Grady's very sizeable house.
If he's outside you can hear him about a mile away!

I didn't see that car Paul Hollywood did, although the one he did on the history of Aston Martin last year was pretty good.
He obviously has a passion for AM like a number of us have the passion for Maserati.

Seems like a nice enough chap.

MrMickS

The PH car programme was pretty good. Much better than I was expecting. Though my expectations were low so he had a lot of room to work with.