Admiral Insurance - I Don't believe it - too good?

montravia

I've just had such a surprise, that I'm not sure that I believe my eyes.

Up until last renewal of the GT, I'd used a broker that we'd used for years. Last August's renewal was astronomical, over £1,000.

Thanks to perceived recommendation on here, I gave Admiral a go, and they came in about £750.

When we moved (from a satellite village near Cirencester, to a sleepy hollow of 50 souls) in October, the premium went up on the remaining two cars with the broker. BMW due for a renewal, so I gave Admiral a multicar jobby.

So:-
FIAT 500, 4,500 miles run about Excess £200
BMW X1 9,000 miles wife's thing Excess £200
Maserati Granturismo 4.2 8,000 miles excess £350
.... all probably over egged, both retired, and the Maser I've included another 3,500 mile European as last year.
I've just bost 65, wife 75 in Autumn.

We're clean.

Total annual insurance last year for the three was £1,450

The quote that I have from Admiral (pro-ratered the part years for the two cars to full years) works out as an annual cost of £577.

I don't believe it.

The cost alone of the Maserati GT last year with them was £740 alone:

It breaks down:-

FIAT 500 £67.75 (pro-rata to 12 months = = £102, compared to £230 previous)
BMW X1 £187 for 12 months (cf £532 quoted with current insurer)
Maserait GT 4.2 £185 (pro-ratered to 12 months = = £288)

The quote for all three is less than the quote for the Maser alone last year.

I don't believe it.

From fellow's experience, where are the catches? I'd be happy with a much higher premium rather than get a 'Bu$$er off, you're not covered' in the remote event of a claim.

I'm off to AIB's site now, to see what our sponsors can offer.

Astonishing, or am I going to had as a mug?

Wack61

I'm going to look into that , MX5 and Maserati are both due in April , odd thing on the Range Rover , I was getting quotes of £350 with Adrian flux , added my wife which opened up new insurers , got it down to £191

I'd be happy with £600 on 3 cars

's bonkers. Do they get you on next annual renewal?

From an insurers pov the first year is where all their costs lay, administration etc. the second year costs them virtually nothing as everything is set up already so if you auto renew - which apparently a lot of people do they (the insurers are quids in) this is from an employee at Churchill so I assume others are similar.
I have just insured my Renault for £80 and via Quidco get £45 back in a couple of months!

Mr K

Very good deal from Admiral last year covering 4 cars. No claims, so can't comment that side of things. Renewal coming up in April - will report back then.

Ryandoc

I can’t fault admiral to be fair, I stuck 6 points on around November and after a phone call it was cheaper than their first offer as a renewal. Been with them years

Wack61

The only downside might be admiral do count awareness courses when it comes to loading the premium

MrMickS

I'm with Admiral. Reasonably cheap so far. Will set what the renewal is like as its due in about a month so should get their offer shortly. Its likely to go up as we had a claim on the MiTo.

P R

Funny how peoples circumstances effect things. I am shopping round now, Admiral were double LV (£1k vs £500).

I wont use Admiral anyway after a claim I made years ago on an Alfa. Lets just say they were very reluctant to pay out!

MrMickS

Funny how peoples circumstances effect things. I am shopping round now, Admiral were double LV (£1k vs £500).

I wont use Admiral anyway after a claim I made years ago on an Alfa. Lets just say they were very reluctant to pay out!

We had a claim for our MiTo and that's gone through but they are most reluctant and fighting our corner despite the other driver driving off without giving details. Apparently they'll take the word of the other driver over ours even though he broke the law.

D Walker

Just tried a few this morning on the GS - Ahem.....best I do a bit of calling instead of compare sites.......

montravia

We had a claim for our MiTo and that's gone through but they are most reluctant and fighting our corner despite the other driver driving off without giving details. Apparently they'll take the word of the other driver over ours even though he broke the law.

Hmmmmm, I'll certainly try AIB