Gransport 48k Miles 23500

JonW

I would really like to drive a GS, as whilst I love my GTS I suspect, on one level, I might have been better doing a bit more research and buying the best GS I could find.

This is partly about it would be nicer to have an appreciating asset rather than a depreciating one, but also a bit about the fact that the GS is smaller, narrower, and from what I’ve read is slightly more nimble to drive...

Either way, the one Dickie currently has for sale (and the car that Dave W just bought) are both stunning examples, and are probably rightly, pushing the boundaries of what they cost to buy...

Is the Alfieri one currently for sale yours RWC?

Rwc13

It is. And the photos don't do it justice. The previous owners must have only driven it in gloves as the steering wheel and hand brake leather is as matt and clean as it came out of the factory. It is also the tightest and best steering/handling GS I have ever driven. And I have owned and driven many good ones. It is a future concours winner........and that's not just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockits

It does look very nice indeed.

Been trying to ascertain if it worth me swapping out my 4200 for this. Although just can't get the numbers to work.

My late 2007 facelift 4200 has less owners (me being 2nd) same miles (well a few hundred less!) but not sure it would retail at 35k. Has 10 yearly services from new & soon to be 11. You don't really get better than any of these...Dave's new baby included.

Can anyone convince me it makes sense for me to swap the 4200 for this GS?

Rwc13

In 5 years if you do no more than 1k/year you'll still have a sub-20k mile car on which I believe the price will have further risen. Will 4200s have risen? I think a car like yours could well do. But I don't know how the market would currently value it at. Speak to Richard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

safrane

As one who has kept his eyes open for a v.good 4200 to replace the GS I think that the proposed price of £35k is a step I would not take.

My reasoning is that I did have a 'perfect' in my eyes 4200 with just sub 30k miles which RG supplied for £23k - 50% uplift even with the lower miles and special bits would be a step to far esp a private sale...and even as a trader sale.

But then what do I know!!!

rockits

I agree. When was that Peter?

I think mine would retail at 30k. Which makes a circa 50% or 15k add on to the 4200 to get this GS a silly idea as they are almost the same car. I've got far better places that 15k needs spending. That is why my numbers don't seem to work. At up-to 10k difference it is possibly an option. I have no issue keeping my 4200. It did 800 miles last year I think. It is nice to look at up there in the garage

D Walker

I didn't think about the numbers, missed out on it once, then dithered until Swmbo surprised me with some funding!!
There is a lesson for those of us who do t keep an eye on every penny.

Andyk

Surely if buying RWC's stunning GS then you would need to be a collector of sorts as if you want one to drive spending 30k makes more sense as putting miles on such a low miles car would be financial suicide.

D Walker

Surely if buying RWC's stunning GS then you would need to be a collector of sorts as if you want one to drive spending 30k makes more sense as putting miles on such a low miles car would be financial suicide.

Only if you can't afford it...

BuckRog64

How much was it up for last year Dave?

I remember the price Meridien advertised it for last year but I'm not saying in respect of fact it's now a forum members car. It was clearly a good purchase, even though I recall someone on here dismissed it for not having a leather headliner!

Rwc, curious as to why you are selling her. Collectors often unload when they think the market is about to peak.

bigbob

Rwc, curious as to why you are selling her. Collectors often unload when they think the market is about to peak.

Doubt he will answer that other than to say he is well invested in Maserati if the market is about to turn and he is not selling the lot...I don't think!

The LE looks stunning but if you had bought any low miles GS new then the depreciation and required service costs to maintain the provenance expressed per mile or even per annum is pretty horrific. It still might be cheap now though and even if prices are flat then as a 2-3k miles per annum weekend car these look nice.

adgsevenoaks

SPONSOR: ADG Sevenoaks
A little info for you good people. It was a car we (ADG) have sold on at least two occasions previously, the first time to reality TV family The Saccone Jolys. The last time we had it, 18 months ago or so, was on a commission sale basis as the then owner had become unwell and was unable to use it. We had a pre sale check carried out and would have had to have spent circa £5k to bring it up to standard, suffice to say we were unable to get the ok to proceed form the owners. It doesn't appear to have been used since we returned it to the previous owners. The car was recently sold by on-line auction via Carrs Jaguar in Exeter where I assume it was probably part exchanged. It looks good value but be aware that it will come with a very big prep bill.
Was this the car ADG had a few years ago? The red trident sticks in the memory.....

safrane

As many have said before - There is no such thing as a cheap Maserati.

With c £5k of works required to bring it to standard... it looks rather expensive.

adgsevenoaks

SPONSOR: ADG Sevenoaks
Pleasure. I believe there's a clip on line of The Saccone Jolys dropping it off when they collected their MC Shift from us only a few months after they'd bought it...