Discs-Again...

Mr S

Does anyone have any new front discs from the original GB or anything for GS?
Also, is there any difference between the FD discs and the Eurospares discs, which will be a last resort if anyone does not have any that they are willing to sell.

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

miket

Because of the debacle with the last GB, I think most everyone with any discs would be reluctant to part with them ATM.
But maybe there is a new supply route on the horizon, depends how quickly you need then, good luck with your enquiry!

Mr S

Cheers Miket, fully appreciate that, just a last ditch effort before i stump up for some FD/Eurospares ones.

dicksog

Hi

I was checking with mtecbrakes.com, I've used them on my 220bhp Fiat Coupe (twice) with Ferodo DS2500 pads, I queried them about 2 part discs for the 4200 and they said if someone can give them the dimensions they'll quote a price. They will even do 2part discs. Before on the Fiat I used Brembo discs with grooves cut in by 3GS and pagid blue pads, I find the Mtec grooved and the DS2500 are the same perfomance, subjectively. So if someone knows the dimensions.....

allandwf

I have two sets of 3200 fronts, bit of surface rust from storage, can send pics, if they will help anyone out. Not sure of make, no stampings on them that I can see.

samueluper

I bought mine yesterday in my Maserati dealer and wasn't so expensive. “Only†580€ the front pair.

That is more than half my SLK 55 AMG, or the same I paid for my bmw 535d front discs.

Now i have to buy the pads. Does anybody recommend EBC YELLOW STUFF?

Mr S

Iv tried EBC on a number of cars, and was never impressed, quite the opposite. I'm currently searching for Ferodo DS2500/3000 if anyone knows the caliper spec, and what what else its shared with. Had the 2500 on my 350Z, and they were really good, and stood up well on track, though they are a little dusty. Allandwf PM sent

Mr S

Mr. S, how did your research conclude?

I found them a few months back, not ordered them yet, but will get round to it at some point soon, as the discs should be here in a few weeks. As iv not seen my car in 5 weeks, its not been a priority.

TimR

Now i have to buy the pads. Does anybody recommend EBC YELLOW STUFF?

I only started using them very recently but they seemed bedded in fast, and feel fine to me in road use. Cant speak to the original pads as they needed replaced "right away"

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
If the original pads were Brembo they would have had the friction characteristics of compressed camel sh!t, and yellow stuff has to be better because it stops you.

Mr S

Just ordered my full set of pads through Larkspeed. Just waiting on the discs now.
Amber Performance also supply them

conaero

Forum Owner
Ive just kicked the supplier to check we are still expecting them end of July into early August.

Once I have confirmation of delivery I will need to collect the funds from you all as I have to pay the final 50% upon delivery to me.

Mr S

Thanks Matt, wasn't a dig or a prod, as iv not had my car for nearly 2 months now, I just want to drive it, and as I'm moving over the next week, its not high on my priority list. Maybe Il actually get to drive it before the sunshine goes for the year, next year. :mad:
Ordering the pads was a way of cheering me up to remind me I actually own a Maserati.
Let me know when you want payment, and when it come to delivery, I may collect

conaero

Forum Owner
No need to apologise. Neil, the supplier had not responded to my initial prompt as he promised so it was a good reminder to kick him.