In the market for a QP ZF

GeoffCapes

**** of a trek for a car. Deans is nicer IMHO. And closer.

Although saying that I bought my 4200 from Wigan.

granturismo

thanks so much guys, yes his is nice, and andys and deans are both nice cars,
i want a zf box,
my friend has pointed me to this one to have a look at, anyone know this car,?
https://www.csfmotors.co.uk/used-maserati-quattroporte-bury-lancashire-1425278

No paddles = that would be straight no for me. Besides got some unwelcome "touches" like red trident or colour coded side grills.... and V8 badge on the back.... not sure what that says of the previous owner....

Guy

Martin, I recently sold my QP after three great years and 24k miles of pleasure. My firm belief is that you should buy the right car, which may cost a bit more now but will save thousands in the long run. Unlike German kit, putting right someone else's lack of maintenance could be ruinous. Like many on the forum, I would talk to Richard Grace (he actually has a QP ZF for sale at the moment https://www.richardgracecars.co.uk/for-sale/maserati-quattroporte-executive-gt/259). Tread carefully, get it checked out by an indy and you will not look back. Good luck, Guy

GeoffCapes

Martin, I recently sold my QP after three great years and 24k miles of pleasure. My firm belief is that you should buy the right car, which may cost a bit more now but will save thousands in the long run. Unlike German kit, putting right someone else's lack of maintenance could be ruinous. Like many on the forum, I would talk to Richard Grace (he actually has a QP ZF for sale at the moment https://www.richardgracecars.co.uk/for-sale/maserati-quattroporte-executive-gt/259). Tread carefully, get it checked out by an indy and you will not look back. Good luck, Guy

That's a lovely QP Dickie has. Lovely colour as well. But then I would say that!

rockits

Thanks all. I haven't put it up for sale but have been toing & froing as not using it as much as I'd like. It was only that Martin mentioned he was looking for one that I thought about it.

I offered it at 15k but it is a smidge over his budget. I can't let it go for less than that as I might as well keep & enjoy a bit longer.

On that note do you think that price is about right? Any thoughts?

It is an Exec GT with 62k miles with variator mods done, you all know the nice unique interior and seems to be pretty high spec although standard Exec GT spec seems high anyway.

Not sure whether to keep or sell. Need to thin down a car or two.

Hi mate
My (Black) QP is more or less the same as yours and I think I have more or less decided to keep it. The only thing mine lacks is a sunroof - which I would have liked
I think the Exec is the top end of the marque regarding spec but I believe does lack the oomph of the others and so they are the extremes of the range and you pick what you like.
As for price I think you are about right.
Just my opinion don't you know

rockits

Hi mate
My (Black) QP is more or less the same as yours and I think I have more or less decided to keep it. The only thing mine lacks is a sunroof - which I would have liked
I think the Exec is the top end of the marque regarding spec but I believe does lack the oomph of the others and so they are the extremes of the range and you pick what you like.
As for price I think you are about right.
Just my opinion don't you know

Thanks Dave. Agreed & not fussed if I 'have' to keep her

They have a fair amount of oomph in most places most of the time. Certainly plenty good enough for most situations.

martininkent

surprised !!!:omg::omg::omg: (thanks to granturismo ) i though (and took it for granted they all had paddle shift,
iv just phoned them and decided not for me, ) it needed the variators doing , was last in Macari at 41,000 miles it was put on the service sheet, as advisory

so back on the look out again

rockits

Ewan

The paddles shifters on the auto are pretty useless to be honest. It's a slow and unsatisfying change, and anyway, you can still use the gear stick to flick up and down if you must. But in my experience, buy the auto version if you want to drive in auto, or buy the DS version if you want a manual and like flicking up and down with paddles.

Having just sold my QP GTS (which are all auto), I'm now left with the MC-Shift GT-S and MC-V GS (which are all paddle-shift), so you can see which gearbox I prefer.

For clarity, I'm not actually against the auto box in the QP, and it definitely suits many people and many driving situations. It's just I don't see the point in having the steering wheel paddles with it.

bigbob

Paddles on auto 4.2 QP and GT are pretty useless in anycase as kickdown is not disabled even in manual mode so you could switch into manual with the gear lever and then drop a gear with the paddle and then go for full throttle in that gear but the car will still kickdown a gear or two in addition...not what manual override is IMHO. 4.7 QP and GT/GC do not do itand are easy to drive in manual mode.

rockits

I've had an offer under 15k.....I can't let it go for less than 15k can I? Seems too cheap at less than 15k does it not?

rockits

I wouldn't but it depends on what you have in mind to replace it with
Not got anything in mind to replace it with. Not sure it is worth selling for less than 15k.

It has had variators mod done, had some suspension work & not much wrong with it. Could have for another year and sell for some money next year I suspect.