Front number plate or not?

FF1078

Do any of you not have your front number plate fitted?
I bashed mine November last year and it's been removed since then but it's been in the garage on SORN
I'm now quite liking it without it fitted but I don't want the long arm of the law on my back constantly if it causes too much interest from the "plod".

Strad

Nick - mine lies flat on the Stradale splitter. This was originally a sticker but that got ripped so now it’s a conventional front plate that had to be slightly trimmed to fit. It looks way better than having it fixed upright on the bracket which distracts from the beautiful grill outer lines. Probably (err, totally) not legal but cameras would still pick it up so at least it’s trying to be compliant. Have had policemen compliment the car and walk round it at garages with no comments made. Mark.

Scaf

I have not run a front plate since mid 2016.
Never been stopped or challenged apart from by members of the public.
I don’t use the car daily but do use it regularly and have done at least 8000 miles.

Car looks way better

Contigo

Sponsor
I have not run a front plate since mid 2016.
Never been stopped or challenged apart from by members of the public.
I don’t use the car daily but do use it regularly and have done at least 8000 miles.

Car looks way better

What he said but longer!!

GeoffCapes

I lost mine for the second time at Le Mans and have left it off. Even though I've been pulled twice by the plod for it.

It's in the boot looking battered, so I just say "I hit the curb and it came off".

Looks better without it.

Scaf

The most annoying thing is in car parks etc where numberplate recognition is used to let you out after you have paid at the machine, but I can live with that.

FF1078

The most annoying thing is in car parks etc where numberplate recognition is used to let you out after you have paid at the machine, but I can live with that.

Ah didn't think of that. What do you do in that case?

outrun

No plate mainly although I do have it in the boot. Plan is to apologise for not putting it back on after detailing. Never been questioned on it.

It is on right now but that was just for MOT ! Will be off again shortly.

tasnam

Nope...Willing to pay the fine if I ever get stopped again.

Stopped one time for speeding - go off with warning, Officer never said anything about the plate.

azapa

Nope...Willing to pay the fine if I ever get stopped again.

Stopped one time for speeding - go off with warning, Officer never said anything about the plate.

Maybe that's the key: hoon to the extent that the missing front plate seems insignificant?