Top Trumps!

rockits

Interesting. Not much between all 3 Masers. Apart from the GT S being 3 secs quicker round the track which is a fair bit. All 3 are reasonably similar.

Just goes to show on the 140i how much difference as extra few years of tech advancement makes.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Interesting. Not much between all 3 Masers. Apart from the GT S being 3 secs quicker round the track which is a fair bit. All 3 are reasonably similar.

Just goes to show on the 140i how much difference as extra few years of tech advancement makes.

Yeah, I know.
When I washed my M140i today, I thought 'those brake discs look huge!' that is how I found that site, and yes, they are bigger, and strangely the rear discs are even bigger than the front?!
Today, it also did an average of 41 mpg on a 120 miles round trip! Amazing little car!

alfatwo

Impressive, 4200 v 3200 even 16 years later, the torque the old 3200 engine puts out is still outstanding!

Dave

alfatwo

Yeah, I know.
When I washed my M140i today, I thought 'those brake discs look huge!' that is how I found that site, and yes, they are bigger, and strangely the rear discs are even bigger than the front?!
Today, it also did an average of 41 mpg on a 120 miles round trip! Amazing little car!

Mike, You don't need big brakes if your car only weigh's a 1000kilos, not two ton like your German thing..

I bet It's diesel too, think of all that pollution your causing your kids!

Dave

alfatwo

My BM is 200kg lighter than the Maser, but the brakes are bigger on the BM!

So that makes it around 1500 kilos then, that's nearly two old school Fiat Panda's in weight, and think of the pollution your causing too,as its a diesel!

Dave

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
So that makes it around 1500 kilos then, that's nearly two old school Fiat Panda's in weight, and think of the pollution your causing too,as its a diesel!

Dave

Its not a diesel, it's a straight six 3lt turbo petrol!

alfatwo

Its not a diesel, it's a straight six 3lt turbo petrol!

Fair play Mike, but if you don't mind me asking, why did you go for that large straight 6 3 litre turbo petrol engine when a small 1.6 SUV would have been perfectly fine for you and your kids..

Just a thought!

Dave

philw696

Fair play Mike, but if you don't mind me asking, why did you go for that large straight 6 3 litre turbo petrol engine when a small 1.6 SUV would have been perfectly fine for you and your kids..

Just a thought!

Dave

Mike is a Petrol Head the same as all of us Dave.

Andyk

Just a thought!

Dave

Because he could....As Phil said Mike is a petrol head......and the M140 is a little ******* that is fun, easy to drive everyday and quicker than rather a lot more expensive cars from the past ..... And Mike is happy.......Job done.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Mike is a Petrol Head the same as all of us Dave.

Because he could....As Phil said Mike is a petrol head......and the M140 is a little ******* that is fun, easy to drive everyday and quicker than rather a lot more expensive cars from the past ..... And Mike is happy.......Job done.

Exactly!
A soft SUV or an estate would have been the most sensible choice, and the sensible choice has always been the only choice when the company car is provided by the company.
An opportunity has arisen for a choice of my own, so I've taken it!
Fortunately the Mrs has a slightly more practical car for family duties and I will be buying the roof bars for a box for any extended family excursions that need more storage space.
I can't tell you the joy of being able to jump in a car everyday that 'barks' when you push the start button, and you have to be alert before pushing the loud pedal in fear of breaking the back end loose....just like the Maser!

Andyk

Over the moon for you Mike......Would take yours as an everyday car over an SUV type car anyway....More fun and still room for the fa moly for a smallish car...... Just think you could have had a people Carrie for the family........but let's be honest once you have a people carrier you've lost the will to live.....

zagatoes30

People carriers are the worse things in the world, after we had child number 3 the wife suggested we have another so we would have a nice even number. When I pointed out that she would then have to get a people carrier she decided 3 was fine.

alfatwo

People carriers are the worse things in the world, after we had child number 3 the wife suggested we have another so we would have a nice even number. When I pointed out that she would then have to get a people carrier she decided 3 was fine.

Kinell Andy mate, I've never been married let alone had any kids, that sort of stuff is so alien to me I don't really understand what your going on about!

Just bought a nice flat down in Menton though :D

Dave

Andyk

Wise women your wife Andy......I am a bit worried about my new job as if I go company car they will give me the last GMs car while I wait for mine and it's a bloody people carrier....May have to opt out I think.