GT 12V socket permanent live

Ryandoc

so I’m either loosing the marbles or some other old age related thing.

I’ve always just plugged my CTEK into the boot 12V socket and job jobbed. How come now then after plugging it in and also in centre console, and having no status lights on the charger, did the sockets become live after I turned the ignition on to first position

I could have sworn the socksets were a permanent live connection to the battery?

Scratching by head

Doohickey

Velociraptor
IIRC only the socket in the boot is live all the time. The one in the car is only live when the ignition is on. Go figure.

Ryandoc

Ok in that case I may suddenly have and issue with my boot socket, always use to just plug in there and leave but not working now.

Assume it goes straight to the battery, will check with multimeter and Bell it out see what I get

CatmanV2

Boot socket is permanently live, but its a very poor connection with my CTEK. Maybe this is your issue?

C

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, boot socket perma-live but why not just wire the ctek straight to the battery terminals and leave it there. Much neater.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Cos you have to lift the panel to get to the connector, or leave it dangling around on the boot floor?

C

It all just tucks away under the panel and with the charger itself in the ‘basement’. Worked for me, anyway.

Ryandoc

It always worked, ie using the boot connector was a doddle but something has changed. Will go stick multimeter across as it this morning see what I’m getting

Ryandoc

Too easy. I have an army of experts on hand here.

Boot socket working now, this has been two weekends worth of fiddling guessing the socket has moved around slightly