Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 as a daily?

Team GCR

You don't need 4WD with winter tyres on. It's better but not required. Our 530d m sport has ploughed it's way through snow as happily as any 4WD has this year.

If it's clearance you're after, I'd look at the Volvo XC70. It's lovely inside, can carry serious loads and will get through anything.

If I still lived in a 'normal' place I would agree but now I live 1/2 a mile up a track on a Welsh mountain. Once you get to the road it isn't a problem but have been here since end of October and have now been snowed in three times, the Discovery I had could cope but the 2 wheel drive cars just can't, the Disco died and now with the 1 series on its last legs looking for something to replace both.

outrun

Fair enough. I hope you've built a garage to rival the old one!

Touareg r50 is a great machine to try. They will never build an engine like that again, Brussels won't let it happen. 850nm and you can map it to 950. Also makes a great tow car because of that torque.

zagatoes30

Must admit I quite like the A6 Allroad, the Volvo X70C is nice but I know 3 people who have them I don't aspire to be in that club if you know what I mean

Wack61

If you want a 4WD estate I would look at the Subaru or Audi models both have a good mix of performance and durability

I miss my Impreza WRX hatchback , a car you could drive with total confidence it made me smile every time I got in it , 240bhp 4WD, they do a forester with similar performance

Andyk

Not even heard of a V8 one Rockits so must be rare. How many miles on her buddy ?

highlander

Now looking at things as diverse as an Audi A6 Allroad to something I never thought I would consider buying, a Porsche Cayenne 4.5S......

I considered the big Audi but there are so many up here I eventually went for the 3.2 fugly mainly because of the fear of the bore score issue with the bigger engine. A bit slower than the bigger engine but ticks all the other boxes. Have to say it is not marci, but I am enjoying it. London Parking dings now fixed and wheels/calipers refurbed so just the removable tow bar to be fitted next week and a detail and she will be up to a standard I am happy with. My daily commute is mainly single carriageway for 40 miles so managing 26 mpg, not great but she is two tonne!

outrun

I considered the big Audi but there are so many up here I eventually went for the 3.2 fugly mainly because of the fear of the bore score issue with the bigger engine. A bit slower than the bigger engine but ticks all the other boxes. Have to say it is not marci, but I am enjoying it. London Parking dings now fixed and wheels/calipers refurbed so just the removable tow bar to be fitted next week and a detail and she will be up to a standard I am happy with. My daily commute is mainly single carriageway for 40 miles so managing 26 mpg, not great but she is two tonne!

Odd question Greg. I have the tow bar from a Touareg kicking about in the shed. I forgot to give it to the new owner when I sold it some time years ago. It's just the actual cast iron piece which simply slotted in once a little panel was removed from the lower rear bumper. As the Cayenne is basically the same, I wonder if this part might be of use to you?

rockits

Not even heard of a V8 one Rockits so must be rare. How many miles on her buddy ?
Just run in...203k Full Fawcett's Volvo main supplying dealer history from new. Serviced every 12 months. Brand new Volvo gearbox done at the main dealer 2015 for circa 5k. Nice cheap all in one car for someone.

Just need to get one plastic arch resprayed as they are colour coded & oddly one has peeled a bit. Other 3 are fine so maybe they didn't key it as well as the others.

Just had MOT a full Fawcetts service and gearbox oil flush/change as well. Also had new tyres last year all round & full alloy return at TSW a couple of months ago.

Not officially up for sale yet but if you know anyone looking for one let me know. Thanks.

highlander

Odd question Greg. I have the tow bar from a Touareg kicking about in the shed. I forgot to give it to the new owner when I sold it some time years ago. It's just the actual cast iron piece which simply slotted in once a little panel was removed from the lower rear bumper. As the Cayenne is basically the same, I wonder if this part might be of use to you?

May well be given all they share but parts already at garage unfortunately.

TridentTested

the Discovery I had could cope but the 2 wheel drive cars just can't,

Two wheel drive on the correct tyres will always beat four wheel drive on the wrong ones.

[video=youtube;mfuE00qdhLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfuE00qdhLA[/video]

zagatoes30

Two wheel drive on the correct tyres will always beat four wheel drive on the wrong ones.

[video=youtube;mfuE00qdhLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfuE00qdhLA[/video]

The only people who should be surprised by this are those that have never driven on winter tyres

Team GCR

Well I think I have found something, a bit left field but it is petrol and a V8.

Done a deal on an 2007 Mercedes R500 Sport 306bhp and 530nm of torque. Good spec with panoramic roof, nav, reversing camera, front and rear climate controls, rear entertainment pack etc.,..

Going up to Edinburgh tomorrow to pick it up!