You've got £45k in your pocket....

D Walker

I actually think the GS does not ride as harsh as my wife's A1,
Apart from on concrete sectional motorway then its on a par..
Its plenty quick enough for me.
DW

conaero

Forum Owner
What tyres have you on it Dave, I am betting not Pzero’s? Them and sport were unbearable over our lovely textured roads and forever splitting sidewalls

Andyk

All this talk of 45k and Dickys range of current Maserati.....he has the rather lovely GTS for 33k so need to spend 45k.....33k...So much car for the money.

midlifecrisis

And for Sub-40k money you could have an Alfa 4C. Granted it's only got a 1.75T engine but it weighs less than Newtons Left leg. Thoughts?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-se... New&onesearchad=New&make=ALFA ROMEO&model=4C

And in the interest of Balnce here's the availalble GS's on Autotrader

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-se...onesearchad=New&make=MASERATI&model=GRANSPORT

And Sub £45K GTS'ss's's's's's

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-se...ake=MASERATI&model=GRANTURISMO&price-to=45000

Some I recognise... GT57MAS...who's was that?

safrane

Sub 50k and just over £20k... Great value a early 4.2 and now clutch to worry over (just the bushes and the variaitors)

D Walker

What tyres have you on it Dave, I am betting not Pzero’s? Them and sport were unbearable over our lovely textured roads and forever splitting sidewalls

Michelin Pilot Super Sport, had the Goodyear Eagles on the 4200..

D Walker

All this talk of 45k and Dickys range of current Maserati.....he has the rather lovely GTS for 33k so need to spend 45k.....33k...So much car for the money.

It is a great car...even SWMBO had a wobble moment looking at the pontavechio QP, I had to rush her away, can’t afford 2 money pits.

rockits

Read something to my boy this week about the 4C being something like the biggest expectation but delivered so little. Never drove one but have no desire to either.

Car magazines make such a good bedtime story to my son that we can both enjoy. My daughter on the other hand finds them quite boring for some reason. She went to sleep pretty quick when I started reading her the Steve Heath TVR Bible!

D Walker

Pmsl, bit different here, my daughter has text me, omg, I want a go, my son.............................
He’s probably killing people on line in far flung places and too busy......

Andyk

Read something to my boy this week about the 4C being something like the biggest expectation but delivered so little. Never drove one but have no desire to either.

This...I have......Buy a Lotus if you want this type of car.

conaero

Forum Owner
4c had the wrong engine I backed out as it wasn’t a V6. Ok 4C = 4 cylinder just doesn’t justify the money for a 4 pot. Pretty car.

6c, that could turn me though.

Andyk

Plus got my deposit back when the price started to rise....when it got to 10k more than the dealer original told me it was time to say goodbye.

Evo Cymru

My first idea was a Lotus but with my dodgy knee I was drawn to the 4C and its paddle shift (not convinced by Lotus's auto shift option on the Evora). Now the new Alpine looks a good option as well - I look forward to trying both! Funny thing with the 4C is how it seems to divide opinion - lots of testers hammered it on UK roads it but many owners rate it very highly, though others seem to sell on quickly...

Andyk

The alpine over a 4C definitely. Bit more plush, easier to get into and the reviews have been brilliant.

Evo Cymru

I'd say that's the very reason they changed the rack on the MC-V. It's a different beast to a standard GS, while still being a GS. It's the BMW beating GS.

I did not know this - if you had to repair your existing one, would this be a possible 'upgrade'? Are they still available? I'm guessing probably not but may be worth asking...?