Braided Brake Hoses

GeoffCapes

So I'm getting new discs and pads all round on the GT, is it worth it going the whole hog and getting braided brake hoses as well?

FD have them advertised for about 200 quid. So not that much, Voicey will be doing the work if I go ahead, is it quite labour intensive?

Contigo

Sponsor
Not much work with all the discs apart mate and yes a worthy upgrade, pedal will feel a lot better. I did Goodridge hoses on my 3200 and it improved things no end. FD do them for the GT/S

D Walker

If you are getting brakes all round and a fluid change then makes sense while all the wheels are off. You will get a more positive feel through the brake pedal as they dont expand as much, I was going to do mine on the 4200.
DW

Gp79

Braided hoses direct from Goodridge they are only £60, paid that for my GS last year.

D Walker

Braided hoses direct from Goodridge they are only £60, paid that for my GS last year.

Thanks for that - did you change yourself? Have done them in the past, but generally find these days it makes more sense to let someone else to do it at service or pre MOT...

Gp79

Thanks for that - did you change yourself? Have done them in the past, but generally find these days it makes more sense to let someone else to do it at service or pre MOT...

Yes, did it myself when doing the sub-frames, replaced all rigid pipes at the same time, so access was not a problem

In situ the access would make it harder as well as corrosion, i had to use a bit of heat to separate the fittings.

D Walker

Yes, did it myself when doing the sub-frames, replaced all rigid pipes at the same time, so access was not a problem

In situ the access would make it harder as well as corrosion, i had to use a bit of heat to separate the fittings.

I guess that makes sense, suspected as much, great work you've done on the sub frames, I do not have a flaring kit anymore so couldn't do the rigid lines now, getting lazy in my dotage....

Definitely something I will look at when I get mine up on ramps.

DW

D Walker

Sadly Goodridge don't list a kit for the GT.

Maybe not a kit, but see no reason why they could not be made up, after all its only hose and connections.

Pirtek could probably do it, but if FD are only £200 then I'd go that route..

G

Guest 1678

All my cars get braided hoses. A hangover from my motorbiking days.

One of the most cost effective upgrades. Minimise pumping losses and better pedal feel. No brainer.

Gp79

Sadly Goodridge don't list a kit for the GT.

They didn't for the GS either, so I sent the old hoses off and they manufactured them with the correct fittings / hose length etc.

Obviously car will be off the road for longer than a day.

D Walker

They didn't for the GS either, so I sent the old hoses off and they manufactured them with the correct fittings / hose length etc.

Obviously car will be off the road for longer than a day.
More or less what I said, I wonder if they have logged your details so have them on the system now!
Think I will drop them a line

Panicracing

Years ago the Goodridge hose used a banjo set up on the front calipers which done away with the small hard pipe, now these are available from Amber Motorsport which are 100% spot on, Used them on my GS.
https://www.amber-performance.co.uk/product.php?xProd=25052&xSec=6655
d723f844ee62ee6c895d3032715ac1af.jpg

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Zep

I used the amber performance versions, they were a good fit. I had some shenanigans with delivery with some inaccurate statements but the parts themselves were tip top.

The biggest issue I had was the fitting from the hard line to the original hose at the body end, the hard pipe tried to twist but got it sorted.

voicey

If you're going to get some made up then I can recommend HEL. They use stainless fittings (the Goodridge ends are BZP).

Gp79

If you're going to get some made up then I can recommend HEL. They use stainless fittings (the Goodridge ends are BZP).

Good to know thanks.

When i ordered my Goodridge hoses i specified stainless fittings which they used, since the fittings were of the same type as original I had no problem with the install.