130k miles GT

iainw

Wow.
Looks in ok nick too.
The middle owner obviously didn’t fancy the service intervals.
Would love to see how much has been spent on it in that time.

bigbob

Wow.
Looks in ok nick too.
The middle owner obviously didn't fancy the service intervals.
Would love to see how much has been spent on it in that time.

Quite a bit but probably a lot less than the extra depreciation from constantly changing cars...but you knew I would say that!

Interestingly it's MOT history is good and it's done nearly 40k in the last two years - well impressed.

Having had the same model for a year now, I can't say that I'm the least surprised.
It is without doubt, the most beautiful and most powerful car that I've ever owned.
What has been a hugely pleasant surprise over the course of the past twelve months, is how totally reliable it's been.
Maserati may've made missteps before and after this car, but I defy anyone to argue that with their Granturismo, they didn't get things almost exactly right.
In fact, as the sun's just come out, I'm off to give her a spin along the coast and turn some petrol into beautiful noise ;)

midlifecrisis

And both car are only 4.2's not 4.7's. So 4200's with 80 k are still worth something, despite what the 'Burnley Bugle' says...lol

Wack61

Some of the most reliable cars I've owned have had over 100k on them , engineers design moving parts to have a set lifetime but that lifetime is at temperature which is where high mileage cars are most of the time

Andyk

Some of the most reliable cars I've owned have had over 100k on them , engineers design moving parts to have a set lifetime but that lifetime is at temperature which is where high mileage cars are most of the time

I had a G plate Lotus Esprit Turbo which when I sold her she had 110k mikes on her and she never missed a beat, never failed to start and never broke down. She had a great service history and think that's the key. As long as it's been well dared got no reason why it will not go on.

safrane

Agree Andy.

Far too many cars with low miles are left without the attention they need as owners think it only done 2-5k this year...lets leave it for another year.

Nemcova

Hallelujah - at last some sensible comments on higher mileage cars, after some disappointing “if it’s over 50K it’s knackered and worth nothing” comments from forum members.

My 2007 4.2 QP sport GT is my daily driver, now on 103,000 and is bloody brilliant. The engine runs beautifully, it’s never failed to start, and the only real issues I’ve had have been the usual and expected suspension link issues from a heavy car, so I’ve had those replaced, plus a few electrical motor issues that again are common in lots of cars, nothing to do with mileage. The secret? - Regular servicing, simple. Surely a higher miles car shows a car that loves to driven.

MGT

Why, even the 4.2s? Are they not fundamentally the same as the 4.7, maybe less stressed even?

Reassuring to 4.2 owners and even more so for anyone with a later 4.7 - where you would hope things only got better. It's a testament to the whole car (Engine, gearbox, suspension, chassis) and not just the engine. No reason these shouldn't go to many more miles if driven and looked after properly.