RX06CJY facelift 4200 CC on Autotrader

safrane

Nip down to the local boat yard and buy a pole.

in all seriousness the service history alone would make it a non starter and that he wont permit a PPI tells you it has issues.

Buy Martyns... at least it has new items and has been given attention by someone who knows a bit about the car.

Halfords...would have been better missing a service tbh.

allandwf

All of the above will be why it is in single figures, and could possibly cost the same again to put right. Buy the best you can afford, and keep a float for contingencies.

2b1ask1

Special case
Harsh Peter; maybe go and look at it but with both eyes open, it has a mileage that checks out and whilst it has a chequered MOT history it is hardly a wreck. I’d be a looking particularly at the geometry and shut lines for the front near side as it may have eaten a roundabout around 2010. If you look at it make sure you see all the dashboard lights illuminate and go out on the self test upon turning the key, pay particular attention to the water/oil pump and pressure.

Could be a nice cheap fixer-upper for a self mechanic, true it is never ting to be top money again.

I’d go with a torch, scope and maybe a ‘Voicey’ tucked under my arm but not a barge pole.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
I agree with Safrane, nothing wrong with buying a high mileage cherished car. A lot wrong with buying a high mileage ‘fixer upper’.

jasst

Well I agree with Newton, surely if someone is prepared to 'save' another of the marque, and are aware of the potential pitfalls then that has to be a good thing?

Corranga

They can't be bothered to move the water bottle from the passenger foot well, never mind the 2 kids seats from the back, and pile of stuff like deicer in them.
What else can't they be bothered doing.

Why are they evasive about getting HPI done (I presume you mean HPI and not payment protection insurance)
Something to hide.

When I bought mine, it had outstanding finance recorded in the HPI. I felt oddly nervous on the phone to the seller asking about it.
He was happy to explain that they bought it on finance, and had no issues with me paying the finance company directly.
When I agreed to buy, I simply called his finance company up when he was there, he answered the security questions etc, and I paid them directly and bank transferred the remainder to him. I think this is pretty common nowadays.