2012 MASERATI QUATTROPORTE low battery voltage

Rod

Hi guys.
I had an incident where the battery voltage drooped to some level and all systems stop. No flashing red led on the front doors and remote not operating anything . I tried to open the boot with the key but could not after consulting the net I opened the boot ( info from the net) with the key which felt like the key was going to break I had to such force but it did not . I Put the battery charger that was in the boot on and next day all good.
After some web research I purchased a CTEK MX 5.5 battery charger which charges and then sits on float to maintain a trickle charge and connected the leads permanently to the battery.. Every time I go for a drive and on returning home hook the CTEK charger which shows step 3 Bulk charge for app 1/2 to 1 hour then progressively to step 7 Float.
When I purchased the lovely Quattroporte there was a permanent lead attached to the battery and protruding out over the battery cover in the boot and a small "Projecta 900" battery charger was not connected but sitting in the boot which charges and maintains a float which plugs in the the leads.
So I am guessing it is an issue with these Maserati's that we need to have a battery charger conditioner always fitted, what I did not do and should have was measure the voltage at the battery when the system had shut down, does anybody have the voltage specifications ? and what is the normal thing to do ?
Regards Rod

Ebenezer

First welcome!

You may have a tracker fitted which is draining your battery. My QP doesn't have one - touch wood and is fine... have just fired it up yesterday after 3 weeks of slumber, no problem.

Having said that, the car did let me down on New years day, much to the amusement of my mate who I had been staying with. Not sure what the issue was there, AA jump started it and I got home ok but changed the battery as a precaution anyway.

Eb