It ain't no Maser, bruv

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
After a 6-year long, happy and mutually fulfiling relationship with a stunning 2009 GTS it was time to move on. As the children aren't children any more and don't really come out with Mrs Crud and me very much, a two-seater was a possibility. At least, according to me.

Anyway, after a huge amount of pondering, surfing Autotrader, twatting about on Internet and YouTube and mooching round car showrooms I finally decided to find that it was time to buy British and eventually settled on an Aston V12 Vantage S, which I collected yesterday from Leicester. Being used to the melodios tunes of a x-piped GTS, I needed to make sure that the new Brit could be equally tuneful, so I hoofed straight across to Bamford Rose in the heart of the Cotswolds and they swapped out the secondary cats for straight through pipes and I fitted a remote switch for the exhaust valves.

Verdict? After driving from Leicester to Shipston-on-Stour to Cheltenham, Gloucester and then home to the badlands of Essex I have concluded that ******* ****, this thing is incredible and the noise is outrageous. It sounds exactly like a GT12, mostly because the exhaust system is the same (only mine isn't titanium). The traction control is wonderful - it lets you find a decent amount of mischief before stepping in, and when you're giving it the beans the traction light is flickering merrily, a lot. The steering is a dream and even this half-wit can place the car really easily. The brakes are a revelation, post GTS, but take an alarming moment to do much when you're driving in the pouring rain.

It looks like this and I think it's fantastic. Happily it also seems to look good when it's filthy.

IMG_4068.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_4080.jpg

It ain't no Maser, but I still love it.

safrane

Lovely looking car...and with nothing in the pipeline from Modena, where else can you go?

Would be good to get your prospective against the GT as it is aboit time I moved on from the coupes.

Scaf

Lovely car, I prefer the larger AM's personally, but here is no getting away from the fact the V12 Vantage is an awesome car.
from what you say it sound like you have got the exhaust note sorted out. In my old DB11 Vantage I went for the fancying sports option and that sounded amazing, especially on "full chat"

Andyk

Not sure I need to say Adam.....probably can't add anything I haven't said to you already.......

Just bloody stunning and perfect.....and adding Bamfird Rose has just added to the thrill. The GT12 is one of the best sounding cars so if yours is now the same then can't wait to hear it. Well done my friend.

GeoffCapes

Look forward to seeing and hearing it.

Just so you don't miss your GT, mines having an X pipe put on it so you'll be able to hear the difference if we line them up side by side.

iainw

Congrats Adam. Wonderful spec- great buy and looks fantastic.
Would love to hear it some time soon!!