Levante Trofeo

Rwc13

Really? A brand famous for racing and touring cars does a high powered SUV and it is back in focus? Not until that engine is in a GT TYPE.

I meant as in they've launched something that trumps the Stelvio QF. Perhaps the Ghibli is next. And then a GT. The new guy in charge has a bit of a history of launching bonkers halo models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andyk

Are there any pictures of the rear. The front does look better with the black grill and lower front bumper. Never liked it but think the chrome front grill just jumped out but that black tones it down and it looks mean. The back for me was the part that was less convincing as it wasn't distinctive enough so would love to see if the updates has done the same to the back as the rear.

Andyk

I meant as in they’ve launched something that trumps the Stelvio QF. Perhaps the Ghibli is next. And then a GT. The new guy in charge has a bit of a history of launching bonkers halo models.

Think that is key...It trumps the Alfa which it needed to...l.I think I read someone saying...The Lambo to expensive for you.....the Stelvio not quick enough....The Maserati's for you. I agree if they can get this in the Ghibli and trump Alfa again it will be very encouraging.

highlander

I meant as in they’ve launched something that trumps the Stelvio QF. Perhaps the Ghibli is next. And then a GT. The new guy in charge has a bit of a history of launching bonkers halo models.

Fair enough and totally agree, I misunderstood your post so apologies.

conaero

Forum Owner
Still struggling that the V8T will appear in a GT/Alf/Coupe albeit as much as we want to see it.

Feel Ferrari will not want a sports coupe with similar performance to its 488 for half the price.

I hope I am proved wrong.

MrMickS

Talking to the sales chap at the dealer he said that they've had zero interest in the QP GTS. Its not a car that they can sell given the price and the cliff it falls off as soon as it leaves the showroom. He was saying the same about this. Its not really a UK market car and to that end I'd be surprised to see it in RHD at all.

Unfortunately not everyone in the UK is as crazy as we are.

It is good to see Maserati as a brand making a few waves though. This is bonkers in a good way. Long may it continue.

safrane

The styling does improve the front...and boy did it need it IMO. The engine is also a positive move in the right direction...but yes there is a but.

Given it is a limited edition model and will sell in tiny numbers, why invest in SUV super power war games which will always be trumpted by the likes of AMG if it is just 'power'.

Yes it keeps the brand alive in the media... but pushes development of new cars further to the right.

MrMickS

Yes it keeps the brand alive in the media... but pushes development of new cars further to the right.

Does it?

I'm not so sure. It does it you assume that Maserati is only capable of doing one thing at once. This is something that's often touted in the media about governments. "Why are they doing X when they should be doing Y". Companies multi-task.

They have plant and staff employed in Modena which is due to stop building the cars that they are currently building there later this year. I can't see them moving Levante, Ghibli, or QP, manufacture there so unless they are going to lay everyone off and shut the factory they need something else. It takes time to setup for new car production, witness the issues that Tesla are having with the model 3 and the delays to Giulia production starting in earnest. I'd anticipate re-tooling of the Modena factory to start once current production ends and for that take into next year. This would leave them able to announce the GT replacement either late this year, or early next, with a view to shipping in 2020. Its a way off yes, but not unexpected.

In the meantime look for hybrid versions of the Ghibli, Levante, QP, to be announced for next year for the non-bonkers markets. Probably with the existing V6 and a soft-hybrid option. ICE to the rear, electric on the front. I've no idea where the battery would go, probably take up some of the boot space which would be poor, but its going to be necessary to hit the European market and may help in some US states.

safrane

You may well be right, but I await being convinced.

The last time table they published is now years out of date for new or revised models.

outrun

Talking to the sales chap at the dealer he said that they've had zero interest in the QP GTS. Its not a car that they can sell given the price and the cliff it falls off as soon as it leaves the showroom. He was saying the same about this. Its not really a UK market car and to that end I'd be surprised to see it in RHD at all.

Unfortunately not everyone in the UK is as crazy as we are.

It is good to see Maserati as a brand making a few waves though. This is bonkers in a good way. Long may it continue.

I'm not sure I agree with that. The Cayenne Turbo and Turbo S and every AMG Merc ever made fall off cliffs as soon as they're registered too. Doesn't stop people
from trying it. The key is to get a lease deal below 1k and watch what happens.

DaveT

I'm not sure I agree with that. The Cayenne Turbo and Turbo S and every AMG Merc ever made fall off cliffs as soon as they're registered too. Doesn't stop people
from trying it. The key is to get a lease deal below 1k and watch what happens.

That may be so but the average punter will look at ze Germans (even big engined ones) differently from a big engined Maser.