Levante Trofeo

MrMickS

It is crazy and does hit that market segment, don't see them selling many over here so maybe it'll only be a LHD option. I'd really like that engine in the Ghibli :D

Hurricane52

“And to cap it off, specific “Saetta” Trofeo logos adorn the iconic c-pillars of the coupé styled SUV.”

Oh dear, these are nasty.

Ewan

I like it. 590bhp should be enough to see Maserati take on the Rangie Sport SVR and new Jag SVR.

The clothes are ridiculous. £325 for a baseball cap, £300 for a t-shirt. Mental.

FF1078

Yes! I like that.
That could even drag me out of the Stradale if it comes to UK.

iainw

Rather like how they have beefed this up. Performance stats look pretty strong too.

https://www.maserati.com/maserati/i...-at-the-2018-New-York-International-Auto-Show

Like the look of this. Same 0-60 as the stelvio QV which was supposed to be the fastest SUV on the plant at that time.
Just proves they can do it when they want to.
Seems ridiculous that their SUV is now faster than the strad. They need to put that engine into something
More sporty ASAP.
Are maserati finally building cars the loyal followers want to own? The big question is Phil's ******** beginning to tingle?
I think it would sell loads in the UK- if priced right.

outrun

We all like a high powered Maserati. But still, please please please put that engine in the facelift Granturismo, remove the back seats, add a roll cage and keep it below £150k. Please.

Oh, and cut the shameless badge marketing. There is no part of that Levante that is Trofeo. Unless they plan a one make racing series for it. Which would be cool.

Andyk

We all like a high powered Maserati. But still, please please please put that engine in the facelift Granturismo, remove the back seats, add a roll cage and keep it below £150k. Please.

Oh, and cut the shameless badge marketing. There is no part of that Levante that is Trofeo. Unless they plan a one make racing series for it. Which would be cool.

Yes agree ....Calling it Trofeo is a tad weird but this engine on a Ghibli would be a car to look forward to.

conaero

Forum Owner
Jeez, 3.9 to 60, thats more like it Maserati.

I like!

Putting that engine in a GranTurismo would have it down in the mid 3's and put the Maranello lots nose out of joint so I cant see it happening but would be wonderful if proved wrong.

Maybe they will go the GranSport/4200 route and fit restrictive exhaust and down tune it...all the better, we can do some mods and unleash the ponies :)

GeoffCapes

If they can do a Levante Trofeo, why not do Ghibli Trofeo and a Granturismo Trofeo?

We might overlook the fact that the Alfieri will never exist if they do.

Andyk

Because everyone loves Chelsea tractor don't they ? suppose if they put the engine in The Ghibli it would be an awesome car but would be a better car than Alfa's star at the moment and the focus is Alfa for the time being. But agree a Ghibli Trofeo would be worth waiting for.i

outrun

Looks like Maserati is a focus again now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was speaking to the head of Maserati UAE recently and she told me that customers wanted more from the Levante. I think this is a reaction to those markets where massive horsepower is used to measure the length of your penis. That's why the Cayenne Turbo S, G63 etc all exist. Surely, we have someone brave, rich and mad enough to get one of these engines out of a Levante and into a GTS......

Odd that penis doesn't catch out the rude word checker when ****, **** and **** do.

Penis, Penis, Penis

:)

Lozzer

Nice to see they've ditched the na engine for some proper hooliganism, i likey.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

highlander

Looks like Maserati is a focus again now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really? A brand famous for racing and touring cars does a high powered SUV and it is back in focus? Not until that engine is in a GT TYPE.

azapa

Wow, nice looking engine! rest not bad either! Is this the QP GTS and F Cali engine family?