passenger side wind noise on GT-S

vnitos

Replaced the door catches which, according to the wife, reduced the wind noise on the passenger side. However, there is still some wind noise which seems to be around the door mirror - still have to check the cause for this.

bigbob

Replaced the door catches which, according to the wife, reduced the wind noise on the passenger side. However, there is still some wind noise which seems to be around the door mirror - still have to check the cause for this.

Already told you what to do.

Sam McGoo

Seriously take a look at the door catch - mine had a little plastic cover that had failed. Replaced it and the wind noise was gone. I did post a thread on hear but photobucket took the pics down - I will see if I can find them and post them up.

Old part - hard to see but that plastic sleeve is cracked so door is not quite shut

New part - no plastic sleeve to split

Part was really simple to replace - even I did it in less that 10 mins and it was not expensive either

Just found the original thread with pics -
http://www.sportsmaserati.co.uk/showthread.php/20986-Wind-noise-2010-GTS

Perfect!
Ordered a couple, replaced the old obviously worn one on the drivers side (where I was getting wind noise from the window) and been for a successful test drive.

The new part has a thicker metal bar as opposed to the old one that had a thin bar with a plastic sleave. So hopefully the new one will last much longer.

Bebs

Perfect!
Ordered a couple, replaced the old obviously worn one on the drivers side (where I was getting wind noise from the window) and been for a successful test drive.

The new part has a thicker metal bar as opposed to the old one that had a thin bar with a plastic sleave. So hopefully the new one will last much longer.

View attachment 96355
Do you have a link to buy these please? Cheers

Wattie

Has some wind noise on the passenger (front) side of the car. Maserati dealer said they tried everything, except replacing the door rubber, but they cannot resolve it.

I had that problem.
Got the Mrs off pulses, beans and sprouts.
Sorted,
It was replaced by a strange whine thereafter.
Haven’t managed to solve that.....yet.

Gazcw

I had that problem.
Got the Mrs off pulses, beans and sprouts.
Sorted,
It was replaced by a strange whine thereafter.
Haven’t managed to solve that.....yet.
You just need to plug the whining hole with something. Simples... I am assuming it's not windy outside and it's doesn't sound like someone blowing across the top of a bottle.