Granturismo suspension arms

JJbing

When working under the car I've noticed there is lots of play in the suspension arms, so I took it to my garage and they're suggesting to replace the front upper suspension arms on both sides.

I'm struggling to source the parts, as Eurospares only have one side.

Does anyone know any aftermarket parts which are suitable?

conaero

Forum Owner
It’s very common on this model it’s the bushes that fail and cost about £400 as side for both upper and lower. They are a pig to fit so labour could run to the same again.

JJbing

I'm relatively happy with the quoted labour cost, but I'm just shocked at how much these small parts are going to cost!!

Needs to be done though, otherwise the car will never track correctly I think

bigbob

It's very common on this model it's the bushes that fail and cost about £400 as side for both upper and lower. They are a pig to fit so labour could run to the same again.

Has anyone actually managed to replace suspension bushes or have all had to resort to replacing the whole arms?

Contigo

Sponsor
Got my kit last week and hope to fit them this month. It's my upper fronts which are shot but might do the lowers and uppers...

ratbag

Overhauling the front suspension on the GT is very labour intensive -about 10 hrs if I remember. The car feels much more planted and sharp since it was all done.
Cost was about £2500:
2x front bushes £175 2x front springs £75 special bolts (what?!) £150 ! 2x front bush kit £470
drop link £42 Hunter 4x wheel alignment £150.
Ball tie rod £44 labour £1122 all plus VAT

bigbob

Useful, thanks.

I had all four springs replaced under extended warranty - they are quite cheap - and my local garage replaced the ARB bushes and drop links, again quite cheap and quick. It's the wishbones that scare me cost wise so I will watch this with interest. My car recently pasted its MOT with no advisories so no rush mind.

AaronE

I've pressed the shock bushing and it wasn't too bad at all.

what kind of play are you talking about?

philw696

Shock bushes are a piece of cake but doing the wishbone bushes is labour intensive and a delicate procedure.
I would personally replace the arm if they were available and not extortiate price wise.

JJbing

Update;

Bought full suspension arm sets for LH front & RH front for £1.5k. Ordered new tyres as well, all getting fitted on Friday.

Fingers crossed it resolves all issues and drives much better

vnitos

Update;

Bought full suspension arm sets for LH front & RH front for £1.5k. Ordered new tyres as well, all getting fitted on Friday.

Who did you buy from

Michael

Update;

Thanks, keep us posted on the final price when fitted.

Contigo

Sponsor
Fitted the top arm bushes (offside) on Saturday, just takes time to get the old ones out. Grind them out, then hacksaw the inside back to the alloy and then chisel out. I see no point in replacing the arms when the bush kits are available.

bigbob

I've got squeaky squeaky at the front. Suspension bush kits are £258+VAT a side and wishbone kits are £710+VAT a side on Eurospares so total parts costs £619 or £1704 incl VAT. Had to happen eventually, now need to decide which way of doing it and who to use.

conaero

Forum Owner
For an indie to fit the bushes each side you could be in for a days labour, they be a pig!

Whats your mileage incidentally?