T'was the night before Christm.... Le Mans!

GeoffCapes

As we're all heading off from Portsmouth again this year, where are we all deciding to stay the night before the big off?

I think we were in about 3 or 4 different Premier Inns last year.

Which one is everyone thinking of staying in? I can make the bookings if you would like as I have an account with them.
And they also have a pub next door. Which is kind of handy.

Portsmouth (Havant) (Current flex price £91)
Portsmouth (Horndean) - Where I stayed last year. Was ok. (Current flex price £73)
Portsmouth Havant South (Langstone/A27) (Current flex price £72)
Portsmouth North Harbour (Current flex price £92)
Portsmouth Port Solent (Current flex price £86)

Portsmouth City centre doesn't have parking.

Flex price is the price you pay if you do not pay in advance and can be amended up to 1pm on the day.

Obviously if you book and pay now the prices are about £40-50 quid.

conaero

Forum Owner
Well, I for one will be in my own bed and not going on the lash as the hotel based lot did last year.

If you want a night out, I would stay in Port Solent.

Zep

I agree. It's a bit of a walk but Port Solent has a few restaurant and more importantly, a pub!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, Mark.

No going out on the lash for me last year. I was in Horndean and opted to be Captain Sensible and go to bed, which suited me just fine. Night zero is no night for heroics. I also have no plans to go out on the lash this year, but will certainly be stopping over somewhere the night before. My requirements are a) somewhere to eat; b) a comfortable bed; c) a safe car park. Happy to go with the flow. For £40 or £50 I'm happy to pay now.

jamesc69

Yep, safe big car park, pub grub, quiet bedroom , are good for me on UK side of the Channel. Will save my antics for later. I'm happy to pay now as well.

conaero

Forum Owner
Which would you recommend Matt? As you're from that neck of the woods?

Based on the state (and smell) of you when you turned up last year I would say anywhere that does not have a bar!

Higgs was mullered all day.

GeoffCapes

Based on the state (and smell) of you when you turned up last year I would say anywhere that does not have a bar!

Higgs was mullered all day.

It was his idea to get stuck into the JD in the hotel room. He obviously wasn't expecting me to carry on!

Start as you mean to go on I say!

I assume we are going for a dirty burger again for breakfast?

GeoffCapes

Athol, I've booked Portsmouth Havant South (Langstone/A27) hotel, purely on the basis that the car park looks more secluded and there's a Tesco's close by to fill up.

And at £47 you can't argue with that price. Think it's also newer than the others.

Spartacus

The worst place to stay last year was at my house when Contigo and Dan! turned up . We got an hours sleep I recon . Still, i opened the front door at 6 am and cold started the unsilenced 4200 straight on to Phils head which was alseep on the sofa . The exhaust tips were about 5 ft away from his massive ginger ears! :laugh:

Last edited:

Spartacus

... I then nailed it past the hotel where everyone was staying at TGIs as an early morning Maserati alarm call . I think they heard it ha ha

I nearly binned it at the corner as i had forgotten i was on cold tyres with tyre black all over them ha ha

G

Guest 1678

Thanks, Mark.

No going out on the lash for me last year. I was in Horndean and opted to be Captain Sensible and go to bed, which suited me just fine. Night zero is no night for heroics. I also have no plans to go out on the lash this year, but will certainly be stopping over somewhere the night before. My requirements are a) somewhere to eat; b) a comfortable bed; c) a safe car park. Happy to go with the flow. For £40 or £50 I'm happy to pay now.

Adam -where did we stay last year? There was a TGI next door and we parked in the corner. Would happily stay there again. Quiet night and plenty of time for gin-foolery.

Sparts - can you remember which one we stayed in?

G

Guest 1678

Adam -where did we stay last year? There was a TGI next door and we parked in the corner. Would happily stay there again. Quiet night and plenty of time for gin-foolery.

Sparts - can you remember which one we stayed in?

Found the booking from last year:

Premier Inn Fareham
Southampton Road
Park Gate
Southampton
Hampshire
England
SO31 6BZ

conaero

Forum Owner
It was his idea to get stuck into the JD in the hotel room. He obviously wasn't expecting me to carry on!

Start as you mean to go on I say!

I assume we are going for a dirty burger again for breakfast?

Yep, meeting at the same place for Brekie