Leaking

Lozzer

Then not leaking? Had coolant dripping off the front of the sump after the trip to Oulton last week, immediately thinking the water pump had gone, I noticed this the day after getting back. I ran it up to temp in the garage and put some card under there.
Checked the morning after and nothing, so I used it for work, checked it again last night and again this morning and still nothing. I'm assuming things can't just leak, then not leak? , bemused.
4ce0f34ed6975f73399ec2f7e584384c.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Tamariini

Mine did the same thing last summer after winter storage, there was a short period when i had a leak from the waterpump but it stopped almost as soon as it started... I did cambelt this winter and replaced also waterpump though, just in case.

Gp79

Would be worth taking the covers off to see exactly where it is leaking from if it is easy enough?

My GS has a slight weep from where the pump and front timing cover connect, but only if the temp is about 0°C or lower when sat unused for a while, once the engine is started and warms up the weep is gone.

As it's such a pain to replace the o-ring (oil/water pump out or timing cover off) I am just keeping a close eye but will change at some point.

Lozzer

Would be worth taking the covers off to see exactly where it is leaking from if it is easy enough?
Going to have to I think, getting an odour of burning rubber when I boot it now, alas, not tyres lol
Ta
Loz

Lozzer

Still dripping, now taking 2 days when sat idle to manifest itself, the maybe good news is the pipe from the thermostat to block is weeping at the block end onto what I assume is the top of the water pump? I have fingers, toes and everything else crossed....come to think of it, so does the Mrs, I've been unbearable of late lol

alfatwo

Still dripping, now taking 2 days when sat idle to manifest itself, the maybe good news is the pipe from the thermostat to block is weeping at the block end onto what I assume is the top of the water pump? I have fingers, toes and everything else crossed....come to think of it, so does the Mrs, I've been unbearable of late lol

Try some K Seal Loz ,Its good stuff it might be worth a go, but it wont fix the shaft seal if its worn

DA does water pump recons, new bearings seals and stuff, they look fine

It's a steady weekends work plus the belt kit etc.

Have fun

Dave

Mott The Hoople

Try some K Seal Loz ,Its good stuff it might be worth a go, but it wont fix the shaft seal if its worn

DA does water pump recons, new bearings seals and stuff, they look fine

It's a steady weekends work plus the belt kit etc.

Have fun

Dave

Yeah, K-seal. I was losing up to a litre very 200 miles but no sign of a leak under pressure testing and a little emulsion on the dipstick. Since putting K-seal in I've had no further symptoms. I know Mike Roberts put it in his car and that's what gave me the confidence to try it.
Steve.

Lozzer

Hopefully sorted, a new clip in lieu of replacement hoses, I read ownership was a bit of a roller-coaster? How true!, I really need to stop thinking the worst regarding this car.

alfatwo

Hopefully sorted, a new clip in lieu of replacement hoses, I read ownership was a bit of a roller-coaster? How true!, I really need to stop thinking the worst regarding this car.

Nice one Loz,, at least your not driving a JLRrrrrrrrrrr piece of cr**!

Dave

Lozzer

Cracking up the old 3200 next weekend.. :D It'll be the first time I've seen it since last October when I went in for my knee op!

Dave
Now then, that's something to look forward to .

Lozzer

No more drips off the sump so I'm pretty sure the pipe was leaking and running down the front of the block, sorted but she got me a good one again this dinner time, sitting in roadworks and I get what looked like an A-Bomb had been detonated under the left bonnet vent. An afternoon replacing the coolant hose to turbo it is then, I have it up on the lift now, anyone know how you can reduce the size of your hands to that of a 5 year old?

allandwf

No more drips off the sump so I'm pretty sure the pipe was leaking and running down the front of the block, sorted but she got me a good one again this dinner time, sitting in roadworks and I get what looked like an A-Bomb had been detonated under the left bonnet vent. An afternoon replacing the coolant hose to turbo it is then, I have it up on the lift now, anyone know how you can reduce the size of your hands to that of a 5 year old?

Haha, small hands required indeed, exactly the same as mine did. Hope she behaves for a reasonable time after this.

Lozzer

Haha, small hands required indeed, exactly the same as mine did. Hope she behaves for a reasonable time after this.
Indeed Allan I hope so too, had a late night sorting that yesterday and been for a 250m tour around South Lakes and Yorkshire today no problems, the pipe still had the factory clip to the block and an aftermarket one to the turbo so I reckon it has been cut and reattached before. About time I invested in a full Roose setup, it appears most hoses are original and knocking on 18yr old!