Bi turbo price?

Hexadex

Morning all, just spotted this on a supercar forum, what do you think it’s worth?
Cheers
58156DCF-9A58-48DE-9EB4-41FD1EDFEC65.jpg

GeoffCapes

If it's been sitting for 18 months. sub 5k.

I would imagine its got no mot, and has a load of rust.

midlifecrisis

One thing I've learnt about Maserati ownership, whatever model is that these cars need exercise!

Who buys it will need patience, perseverance and pounds!

GeoffCapes

One thing I've learnt about Maserati ownership, whatever model is that these cars need exercise!

Who buys it will need patience, perseverance and pounds!

I've got all three! But the wrong sort of pounds. LBS's as opposed to £££'s

Hexadex

Someone offered him £500 and his response was to show an ad for a really well sorted one at £23k, well there’s nothing like optimism.

outrun

I bought one for £1500 and spent £5k on it getting it running and looking well. Sold it for £4,500 which was not altogether disastrous. If it has rust on the firewall, walk away as it needs a strip down and re-paint which is not economically viable, obviously. Otherwise, it's not a complex animal to work on although sourcing parts is sometimes tough especially as no two cars are the same. There was a lot of parts bins being raided during the De Tomaso days for example, my earlier car has BMW e21 calipers!!

I would defer to outrun on this one, but add the following.
Only go in, with your eyes wide open. By that I mean, having had a forensic examination done of all of the car before you contemplate an offer.
If it needs a respray and you have to pay for this, that's obviously a few thousand at least.
If it needs a new hood, then what do they go for?
Mechanically, if the engine is sound, that's obviously a big plus and would be worth £4,000 - £5,000.
Once you've addressed all of the above, you need to ensure the car is set up right to drive.
Budget another couple of thousand for that, for new suspension, poly bushing etc etc
Conservatively, you're looking at a possible spend of ball-park eight grand, plus the purchase price.
You'll have spent about thirteen grand and be exceptionally lucky if you can recoup that in the short term.
Don't forget, these are the unloved children of the marque and while rarity may push up prices in several
years, I don't think prices will rise this side of Brexit. At least.
If this clown of a seller is pricing in possible future value, after you've spent your own money, then tell him that
you'll give him inflation adjusted pounds, adjusted for twenty years hence. Either that, or to up his meds.
I've not driven a manual version and I suspect they're more desirable than the auto, of which sadly I have two.
Yes, asking prices are around mid to high twenties on the continent. But, are the sellers getting any offers at all
and are any of those offers anywhere near the asking price? I doubt it. But, you could contact them and ask.
See the Maserati-Alfieri website.
David Cironi's YouTube test drive of a bi turbo is worth watching, if you haven't seen it yet.

Apologies if I'm telling you how to suck eggs. This is just my ten cents worth and this is before I've even started to restore both my cars.
With hindsight, I ought to have bought a couple of Mercedes SL R107s as these are investment cars for me. But, I may hold onto them, once they're sorted.
Some informed opinions suggest that very well presented cars will fetch around £30,000 in the future because of the badge and because of their rarity.
That is very much a matter of conjecture! :)

SORRY AGAIN! I thought the car was a spyder. Wasn't looking closely enough. Well sorted coupes are struggling to reach even £6,000 - £7,000 currently.
There's a nice looking one on the McGrath's website. I offered £6,000 around Christmas which was accepted, but then I changed my mind and walked away,
based on a lack of answers to some questions I had about the car. That car has been sitting in McGraths gathering dust since last autumn.
That's where the market is for these cars.