Six Months in - some Q's.....

Wanderer

After three mega-issues in first month, car has been largely spot on, DD, mostly motorway now, totally dream apart from a few niggles;

1. TPMS, just can't fix this, and the bleeping is annoying me, I reckon it has to be the ECU now, £185+VAT from Eurospares, I'll do it unless anyone knows anywhere cheaper?

2. Driver windows and other animals. Normal operation all windows and sunroof work fine apart from driver for with goes down fine but goes up in jerks, and if you stop it on its downward travel, up on button continues downward travel until its at the bottom, then up is hard, difficult to 'catch' on button and goes up in two second bursts. Long press on unlock remote prior to entry lowers all windows and opens roof but rear passenger stops half way for some reason. Ling press on lock closes everything except driver window stays down. Had motor, switch and slides checked and greased, all ok now suspect driver and /or rear pass. sensor(s) is/are confused about position - any ideas on how to set it up from battery reset?

3. Not sure on this - but can you have the trip A or Trip B etc on perm on driver panel between clocks? Mine does it and goes back to normal summary screen after a few secs. Probs by design...

4. Door locks in setup - I don't understand it. I played about with it and it says Driver Door only, something else I forget, Trunk, and keyless - keyless greyed out and something about a CID. I selected all and now one press on remote unlock driver door, two presses unlocks the rest and turns headlights on for 10/15 secs. Nice!

5. Easy entry. Just doesn't work at all.....

I've I can sort 1 and 2 I'll be well happy, 3 I reckon is by design and 4 and 5 are nice to have!

CatmanV2

$0.02

2) Try lowering all the way and then holding the button for 10-15 seconds, then up all the way and hold the button for 10-15 seconds. If that doesn't work I'd suspect actually the motor or it's dragging (grease not withstanding) New motor and / or regulator unit. Can you operate it with the door card off and see if there's anything obvious?
3) Sure you can on the GT just can't recall how. I *think* it's on the NIT as opposed to using the mode button. I suspect this because I had to get it *off* the 'normal summary'
4) Define 'doesn't work' If your steering wheel is at the top of its travel (mine is near as **** it) there's nowhere else for it to go.....

C

Wanderer

$0.02

2) Try lowering all the way and then holding the button for 10-15 seconds, then up all the way and hold the button for 10-15 seconds. If that doesn't work I'd suspect actually the motor or it's dragging (grease not withstanding) New motor and / or regulator unit. Can you operate it with the door card off and see if there's anything obvious?
3) Sure you can on the GT just can't recall how. I *think* it's on the NIT as opposed to using the mode button. I suspect this because I had to get it *off* the 'normal summary'
4) Define 'doesn't work' If your steering wheel is at the top of its travel (mine is near as **** it) there's nowhere else for it to go.....

C

2. will try. I feel sure motor/reg/switch is fine by the way it moves, hard to explain, but I'll have a go.

3. I mean the small panel on the dash between the speedo and tach, not sure if the GT has that. Not the main NIT centre display...

4. Wheel is at top, but based on other cars I had, I assumed it would retract seat right back too. Having said that I might have it right back as I am 6'4". A case of asking before I checked everything I think....

CatmanV2

2: I suspect that the safety cut out / anti trap is current based. I can imagine a scenario where although the motor might be rotating at an even speed, if the current draw is fluctuation, the anti-trap might kick in. Or I could be smoking it.

3: Well it certainly has a small panel which can be configured to display tyre pressure, gear selection, etc etc
Comfort screen page
Option Selection Screen Page
Briefly press the MODE button to display the screen page and select the desired value among the following ones:
- TRIP A distance
- TRIP B distance
- Current speed repetition
the value to be set, in the F area of the display, on the Standard screen page (see page 70).
This screen page remains displayed for 10 seconds, as shown in fig 3.
The options listed can be selected
by pressing the “+” and “-“ buttons and are confirmed by briefly pressing the MODE button or simply not performing any operation for 10 seconds

OK?

4) Not sure if it retracts to be honest. Pretty sure mine is right at the back and I'm the same height....

C

Mattp

the centre display - yep, id like the trip screens to be permeant, but they go back to the gear/nav display after a few seconds. I guess this is so the gear selection is more prominent.