A wash and my first roadtrip!

Mattp

Well, living in the sticks, anything past Colchester is a roadtrip!

I knew it was forecast to rain, but still a quick polish didn't hurt!

y4m3_8ioE6DM5lampp_0ZMJP0-IaGixeR8EccesRq7Iy2JXH9098tkxXN_jxfSoQlISnGeyrDFvwk22xPZ-ZJGMEt3KhaBGpsAIQtDJGvLuGKKjU_rY_o1c5mLlDZBXJDYLaCcWovOXePbf3GEgVLkC0RMkqOQGfqlrEWIK52zpDJhBIqb6uffn4h0Zal3jRDYCAOOzqErqr6FaNDcIOGt28g

We load up the car up with kids for a run cross country from the Essex coast to our night at Warwick Castle, enjoyed archery, jousting academy and a medieval feast, more castle then up to Tring for a bit of relaxing in a cosy hotel & spa...

y4mNQ-ZoTlkuv7AoamNote4uwSDiWf2Do6ap7PtsZS9yys8UUUJ_nNjbTpbdkA1BF68AvDXGBFYHX_1cMouQOKxEYMugsdgnJWrcFdrlDEUIljJTcQauC_PMIXK9WWMgJ7GgJBley63mbYSNlCYpjNs_EI4T_JRGH9XmnZBVWN8G-xzf25EGtrqLn0BLDRMiq7WUrHRRC5tW4Xk0yCfKf2Ujg

y4mi86Y9FjSU_8vAgZ93_2PGCVLp7bSxSaDBuDsKSXThGsI0YwL1rxVJGySy4gzx5dZDaFEX_9TFBo7cp0932O3UmuWXdgg549hmNX8YtUFTgoylaq20x2d97wJ8bmQeYPRXq2uEsFThBBIW9gUcZdiTN_Qjhw52wlVqmHvbEp_i8LylVr-r9Go_9BZi8QTg5ftmu6slTMFh6zXpCqaAno4hA

Over to Wimpole Home farm for a bit of National Trust goodness then back down the A14 to home - 400 miles at a trip average of 22.3mpg not bad! and almost one tank of fuel! on the last leg the computer reckoned that there was 10 miles excess if I played the fuel tank challenge - I have to admit to chickening out and giving a thirsty girl £95 in one hit! I was concerned that this was going to be my first triple figure fillup!!

What a machine for effortlessly cruising the motorway (no surprise!) this was the first time out with the family for more than about 50 miles... cosy, quiet and a joy! plus there is a certain element of smug when the porter takes the bags out to the car and its the Maserati!

MrMickS

Lovely pictures and a great story. There's definitely something about when they ask which car is yours you can say "Mine? Its the Maserati".

Decent MPG too. That's about what I've average over the 2 years I've had the Ghibli. However there are some on here that would say that its the wrong side of 20 and that you're not driving hard enough ;)

TridentTested

plus there is a certain element of smug when the porter takes the bags out to the car and its the Maserati!

Sometimes the smugness is well placed. Pitching up to a National Trust property once, the car park attendant leaned in and said: 'I can't possibly have a lovely car like this parking in a muddy field, please carry on straight and park up in front of the house'.

MAF260

I thought I recognised this car. It used to park near my office quite a lot, found this picture from March 2016...

qp.jpg

Hexadex

Sometimes the smugness is well placed. Pitching up to a National Trust property once, the car park attendant leaned in and said: 'I can't possibly have a lovely car like this parking in a muddy field, please carry on straight and park up in front of the house'.
Love it

Andyk

Well, living in the sticks, anything past Colchester is a roadtrip!

I knew it was forecast to rain, but still a quick polish didn't hurt!

y4m3_8ioE6DM5lampp_0ZMJP0-IaGixeR8EccesRq7Iy2JXH9098tkxXN_jxfSoQlISnGeyrDFvwk22xPZ-ZJGMEt3KhaBGpsAIQtDJGvLuGKKjU_rY_o1c5mLlDZBXJDYLaCcWovOXePbf3GEgVLkC0RMkqOQGfqlrEWIK52zpDJhBIqb6uffn4h0Zal3jRDYCAOOzqErqr6FaNDcIOGt28g

We load up the car up with kids for a run cross country from the Essex coast to our night at Warwick Castle, enjoyed archery, jousting academy and a medieval feast, more castle then up to Tring for a bit of relaxing in a cosy hotel & spa...

y4mNQ-ZoTlkuv7AoamNote4uwSDiWf2Do6ap7PtsZS9yys8UUUJ_nNjbTpbdkA1BF68AvDXGBFYHX_1cMouQOKxEYMugsdgnJWrcFdrlDEUIljJTcQauC_PMIXK9WWMgJ7GgJBley63mbYSNlCYpjNs_EI4T_JRGH9XmnZBVWN8G-xzf25EGtrqLn0BLDRMiq7WUrHRRC5tW4Xk0yCfKf2Ujg

y4mi86Y9FjSU_8vAgZ93_2PGCVLp7bSxSaDBuDsKSXThGsI0YwL1rxVJGySy4gzx5dZDaFEX_9TFBo7cp0932O3UmuWXdgg549hmNX8YtUFTgoylaq20x2d97wJ8bmQeYPRXq2uEsFThBBIW9gUcZdiTN_Qjhw52wlVqmHvbEp_i8LylVr-r9Go_9BZi8QTg5ftmu6slTMFh6zXpCqaAno4hA

Over to Wimpole Home farm for a bit of National Trust goodness then back down the A14 to home - 400 miles at a trip average of 22.3mpg not bad! and almost one tank of fuel! on the last leg the computer reckoned that there was 10 miles excess if I played the fuel tank challenge - I have to admit to chickening out and giving a thirsty girl £95 in one hit! I was concerned that this was going to be my first triple figure fillup!!

What a machine for effortlessly cruising the motorway (no surprise!) this was the first time out with the family for more than about 50 miles... cosy, quiet and a joy! plus there is a certain element of smug when the porter takes the bags out to the car and its the Maserati!

Just a stunning QP in the best colour.....Sounds like you are enjoying her.

Mattp

It was a lovely few days on the road... and I am certainly enjoying it - I was worried at first, having wanted one for over 5 years! they say - never meet your heroes but its exceeded expectation! and the colour - well, wasn't originally my first choice but I wouldt ant one any other colour, its spectacular in the sunshine! but more work to keep clean than black!

You mentioned that when I first got the car and ever since I have been hoping for the same sort of luck as you!!! although I do have the code for the posh parking area, behind the electric barrier at work now!