Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crankshaft Seal Leak

So, if you 'CAN' remove the crank pulley it should be a relatively simply replacement.

I suppose it all hinges on if you can lock the crank pulley but assume a windy gun is needed and to get access, you need to remove the rads, which intern you will need to remove the front bumper, which in turn means you have to remove the headlights, which in turn means it will be a b@stard

Check for the thread on the crank nut, it may be left handed due to the rotation.

Current:
    2011 Maserati Stradale, 2006 Alfa Brera 2.4 JTDm, 1969 Opel GT, 2017 Range Rover Evoque (daily workhorse)

Past Masters:
    2006 Maserati GranSport LE, 2005 Alfa Spider 3.2 V6, 1999 Alfa GTV TS, 2004 Alfa GTV 3.2V6, 2001 Maserati 3200 GT, 2006 Maserati GranSport LE, 2008 GranTurismo S MC-Shift, 2002 Maserati Spyder, 2007 Alfa GT JTD

Quote Originally Posted by Conaero View Post
    So, if you 'CAN' remove the crank pulley it should be a relatively simply replacement.

I suppose it all hinges on if you can lock the crank pulley but assume a windy gun is needed and to get access, you need to remove the rads, which intern you will need to remove the front bumper, which in turn means you have to remove the headlights, which in turn means it will be a b@stard

Check for the thread on the crank nut, it may be left handed due to the rotation.
    Thanks - I did think this would be the case which would indeed be a mighty pain in the ****.... However I do like a good project to work on - hmmm tempting! On the other hand, the summer is coming and I want to be out driving....

If you can brace the crank pulley you might get away with it.

You could consider welding the crank pulley to some sort of bracket.

I have a spare pulley if you knacker yours.

Industrial stilsons would be my first port of call though or they may be a hole in the pulley you can put a lever through to stop the rotation.

put some rubber round the pulley first so you don't destroy the belt groves.

Current:
    2011 Maserati Stradale, 2006 Alfa Brera 2.4 JTDm, 1969 Opel GT, 2017 Range Rover Evoque (daily workhorse)

Past Masters:
    2006 Maserati GranSport LE, 2005 Alfa Spider 3.2 V6, 1999 Alfa GTV TS, 2004 Alfa GTV 3.2V6, 2001 Maserati 3200 GT, 2006 Maserati GranSport LE, 2008 GranTurismo S MC-Shift, 2002 Maserati Spyder, 2007 Alfa GT JTD

Quote Originally Posted by Conaero View Post
    If you can brace the crank pulley you might get away with it.

You could consider welding the crank pulley to some sort of bracket.

I have a spare pulley if you knacker yours.

Industrial stilsons would be my first port of call though or they may be a hole in the pulley you can put a lever through to stop the rotation.

put some rubber round the pulley first so you don't destroy the belt groves.
    Good advice there thanks - will update when I decide what to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12